Bluetooth Operated Tank filler Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have done the test with no tank connected to the output and get the 3000 psi (reading from pressure gauge screwed into the output port) using the solenoid to open the flow of air. The air comes out at a fairly fast rate and thus when the tank is attached i see no reason why the air doesn't fill the empty tank.

I have opened the solenoid valve before and after the filling tank is open and it dumps the 3000 psi into the air adequately both ways. The problem with innovative ideas is road blocks like this with no data to analyze on it...

the flow rate of the valve is 8 gallons/min does this sufice to the requirements for filling tanks. I assume its on the high side which causes hot fills but it should still fill either way.

Also Peter Paul is a large US valve manufacturing company. I would have went with the cheap Chinese valve but for my safety I opted for the well known US company.

whats an average fill time for a 80 cubic feet tank?

whats an average fill time for a 80 cubic feet tank?
You are not filling an 80, you are filling a pony. No? Anyway, 10 minutes is a nice fill time. 20 is boring, 5 is hot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom