Bluetooth Operated Tank filler Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pay

Registered
Reaction score
I have created a Bluetooth enable solenoid valve so I can fill my tanks off an APP. The connects to a large storage tank and output 3000 psi. But when I connect a smaller tank to fill it doesn't let any air into the tank. I'm not regulating the flow with the valve just opening and closing it. Will the tank not fill if the flow rate isn't controlled to a certain value? And if so then what is the needed flow rate to allow the tank to retain the compressed air?

What are you trying to accomplish?

Do you have photos?

What do you mean by "an APP." An application? The Appleton, Wisconsin amtrak station? Something else?

Do you know how to fill cylinders safely without using the solenoid valve? Have you done it before? What is your diving and compressed gas background?

Not to ask the obvious....but is the valve open on the smaller tank? If your blue tooth valve is the only restriction point between the two valves, it doesn't sound like your valve is opening.

I can see that a remote valve would remove personnel from the filling area and would be safer in the rare event of a tank rupture, but an all on or all off valve seems like it would lead to nothing but hot fills.

Interesting idea though.

Jay

What's the solenoid mfg & part number? You're pumping oxygen with this right?

I have created a Bluetooth enable solenoid valve so I can fill my tanks off an APP. It connects to a large storage tank and output 3000 psi. But when I connect a smaller tank to fill it doesn't let any air into the tank. I'm not regulating the flow with the valve just opening and closing it. Will the tank not fill if the flow rate isn't controlled to a certain value? And if so then what is the needed flow rate to allow the tank to retain the compressed air?

The size of the other tank does not matter. It's all about pressure. Do you understand what you're doing?

I'm using an application on the phone. The valve is opening correctly i have put a pressure gauge to the output end and measured a steady 3000 psi when i open the valve. This concept is for an entrepreneurial idea I have. I'm filling a pony tank off of a dive shop filled tank. I researched the proper means to fill a tank safely thus when I'm questioning why it isnt filling. I replaces the valve on the tank to ensure it wasnt faulty but still getting same results. Is it safe to fill the tank this way from a larger to a smaller tank?

The valve is custom made peter paul rated at 3500

Are you building one of these with a remote controlled shut off valve in the middle?
images (44).jpeg

If the gas isn't flowing, check all THREE valves are open and one tank is at higher pressure than the other.
images (45).jpeg

Think of it like garden hose (one that can kill you easily): is there water? Is the hose attached? Is the valve open? Is there a blockage in the hose? Is the spay nozzle attached? Is the trigger pulled opening the second valve?

Any photos of what you're making? Which problem are you trying to solve by adding the complexity of a Bluetooth controlled solenoid?

Back
Top Bottom