BLUE SPRINGS or LAKE DENTON OPEN???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too bad on the lake. It had a small boat in the middle and schools of rabid shell crackers that we would feed mussles to.

He should enjoy Blue...have fun.

As far as small boats and the fish, Lake denton has a couple of boats down there. Plus the usual other stuff, small statue, wet floor sign, etc. There is also a roped off training area and a guide line to it from just off the boat ramp if I remember correctly. It is as good as Isis. You should try it, just gt there EARLY and be sure to take a dive flag to this one.

Where is lake denton? Directions, parking, rules, all that stuff.

I may have to check it out.

It's not always warm crystal clear water that I'm interested in. New places and less than perfect conditions let me work on certain skills. :)

eandiver:
It's not always warm crystal clear water that I'm interested in. New places and less than perfect conditions let me work on certain skills. :)

It's not the water that's an issue. Big crowds of students and all that goes along with that... and hostile residents. Last time I was there (last summer) my daughter was doing a check-out dive with her class. One of the locals pulled up in their boat, on top of everyone, and tossed out an anchor. If you want less than perfect conditions, you can't pick a better place to go. :)

I have been buzzed by jet skis on NUMEROUS ocassions out there. It seems the jet skiers just don't know or don't care what a dive flag is. I liked it better when the boat ramp WASN"T open.

AstroDad:
It's not the water that's an issue. Big crowds of students and all that goes along with that... and hostile residents. Last time I was there (last summer) my daughter was doing a check-out dive with her class. One of the locals pulled up in their boat, on top of everyone, and tossed out an anchor. If you want less than perfect conditions, you can't pick a better place to go. :)

If I was there that day they would have pulled up a cut anchor line after that. And it would have been clear from the clean cut that it wasn't a result of them snagging bottom :D

N@rco$i$:
If I was there that day they would have pulled up a cut anchor line after that. And it would have been clear from the clean cut that it wasn't a result of them snagging bottom :D

As I mentioned, I was there with my daughter. I try to act better when I'm around her and "take the high road". Yes, I was tempted to do many things (like go grab one of the guns in the back of my truck and sink that !@#$% boat), but I swallowed my temper and we simply left. As a result, she saw how rotten some folks can be to divers - a good lesson to be learned by anyone (instead of watching Dad be carted off to jail<g>).

Well getting there early is one way of doing it, or you can get there late. The rush tends to be from about 8am to 11am that is is packed, if you get in around 11am it tends to be fairly calm diver wise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom