BLUE SPRINGS or LAKE DENTON OPEN???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, the head spring opened on the 1st. Was told by the park manager that the rest of the run would be open by the 15th hopefully. He says there are still a few manatees messing aroung in the run but not up towards the main vent. Just have to enter and exit at the divers steps.

Yea the dive went fine at Lake Denton, in the high 60's i mean 68+ and like 80degrees air, made a nice dive, not too cold at all considering

I ended up going to Blue Springs yesterday. We got a late start so didn't get in the water till about 1pm. There were tons of divers when we got there and I am assuming MANY more that morning because the vis was only about 15-20 ft when we hit the water. It cleared up quickly though. I just wish the run had been open. Doing that walk in AND OUT kinda sux. But other than that it was a good dive. one of my buddies who is newly OW and his Jr. OW son went with me. They only have about 6 or 7 dives a piece and mostly in Alexander. When they hit the hole at Blue and looked down inside, they both gave me one of those "are you *******ing crazy?" looks. This is the way I see it:
OW training classes-$299
Gear per person-$1000
Dive site fees-$10
The look on a newb's face when looking into the SILTED UP BLUE SPRINGS MAIN VENT-PRICELESS!!!!!

Try doing that walk in doubles........I thought Scubafool was kidding when he described it to me. As soon as the run is open I'll be back but until then I'm too old to be humping all that weight that far.

Yeah, most of the guys I have seen doing doubles use a hand truck to get them to the divers entry. I wouldnt make that walk with em on that's for sure!! Nope, I'll stick to my al80's and 63's. Heck, my kid hates it with a 63 on. He is trying to get me to buy him a 50cf now. Hopefully the run will be opened by the 15th like they said.

I do have my pride. The tanks are mine and I will carry them on my back......but only as far as my knees will allow and that is one trip to the water followed by a river drift back. Sux being old:)

Ya'll get back up there let me know and I'll show up.

I'm curious....I did my some check out dives years ago at a lake around Avon Park called Lake Isis (sp) Sound familiar?

I have never been but I have a buddy that did his Cert. dive there several years ago. He told me that it is a private lake and it is now closed. That is all the info I have on it. I wanted to go try it but I guess I was too late.

I was told that Isis was "closed" too. Although there are a few on here who have permission to dive it form what I understand. I got an invite from one of them a few months ago when we were talking about it but I can't remember who it was. If you do a search on here it should turn up the thread though. There were also GPS numbers posted in the thread I believe for Isis.

Eandiver-We will be back at Blue this Saturday. Taking another friend over there who is newly OW. He is chomping at the bit to see this place. He has only done Alexander a few times and Key Largo for a weekend now. He's gonna flip when he see's Blue I think. He says he just can't imagine what I describe to him abou the hole there. I have even showed him pics but you just can't grasp the concept from the pics I don't think. I can't wait to see his eyes widen when he peers over the edge lookin' down the hole!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom