Blue Springs in FL 4 in the hole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may be going out there this weekend. If I can confirm anything, I'll post it.

Lou, who informed you?

I just dove it this morning. I am not sure what they meant by "enforce" but they person working the diver registration window did tell each of us "no more than 4 in the hole at a time". It wasn't an issue when we went in because there was another group just coming out and the entire time we were in the hole it was just the two of us.

No bubble cops spotted on today's dive. :)

THere's my gig. HOw much they paying and what are the benefits...

I was there on Sunday, confirmed, 40 in the water, but only 4 in the hole. I also noticed that there was a lady in a resource management canoe just paddling back and forth. Bubble police? Possibly.

Were you diving? I would like to know how the in and out process was handled. They did that once using people with walkie-talkies. That was a crowded day, last year.

Kinda makes a bit of sense... I used to go there all the time and every once in a while the parks worker at the front gate would advise us of the rule. I alsways just waited a bit on the outer edge until it was claer, don't really feel like getting fin-kicked in the face anyway.

I never saw any park official actually regulating the divers, except during the winter Manatee months.

Last year, one Sunday they had a guy at the spring and one at the parking lot with walkie-talkies. The advised each group when they could proceed to the spring. We saw that just once.

Congestion can occur when a large class is around the 30 foot level. Some instructors don't like other divers swimming through their lessons. They have various ways of letting us know. But, all you can do is make a slow ascent and use the only exit. Now, they can't go in with other divers below them.

So the question is: Does group dive instruction belong there? The public should have access to a public place. But... dive stores and instructors are using this public place to conduct for-profit business. The park is for recreation and conservation and not a business zone. If I set up a hot dog cart or sold little paintings, they would kick me out. You figure it out.

I took my daughter there for training dives several years ago. from what i can recall...its a pretty small hole isn't it? I mean...the top section isn't to bad...but more than 4 people would be pretty tight.

this is where the manatess are right? i know we did Blue-something one weekend, and then the next went to Devils den

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom