Blue Springs Flood Photos and Story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are very few quarries that charge more than $10. Those that do, you get what you pay for... IE showers and real toilets.
The main reason that I have dove BS this year is because of the price of gas. It use to be that I could drive to FRP..aka Joe's, in KY for about the same total money. It was another hours drive for me but I didn't care.

Mike wasn't crazy about raising rates ?last year, but if you see the amount of lumber and cement he's put into the place in the past few years, you can image how much that musta cost.

Bob you make it hard to hold a comment about your first post. But I will try and be nice to BS.

I don't mind what Mike charges. Yes it is higher but he has nice facilities. I also take advantage of using the shower whenever possible, so I don't mind.

Anyone have an update on the condition of Blue Springs?

Has anyone gone diving there since the flood? I was out there a couple of weeks ago and he said he was going to open up for diving. Went to Hidden Paradise that morning and drove by Blue Springs to see the damage. Amazing to see in person and that was a couple of weeks after the flood. Would love to dive this weekend. Anyone going close to Indy?

Stopped by there a couple weeks ago and got some pictures. Still pretty tore up at that time, but the water had gone down about 3-4 feet.
970660090210_0_ALB.jpg

480660090210_0_ALB.jpg

980660090210_0_ALB.jpg

The first two pictures are of central beach and the third is the north beach area with the T dock resting on the shelter.

Greg

Would love to see your pictures.....but they aren't showing up.

T dock on the shelter...that should be interesting.

I talked today to a local diver that is friends with the owner. He said that he dove there last weekend. The conditions of the water were as follows:

2-3' vis for the first 10'
zero vis below 10'

I'm guessing diving there will be over this year.

I wonder what kind of bacteria levels they are running right now!

Sorry, will try them as attachments instead of embedding them, they were there after I made the post yesterday. Hopefully this works, if it does the description is the same as before.

Greg

Attachments

• 970660090210_0_ALB.jpg
    970660090210_0_ALB.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 280660090210_0_ALB.jpg
    280660090210_0_ALB.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 93
  • 980660090210_0_ALB.jpg
    980660090210_0_ALB.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 84
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/