Blue Springs Flood Photos and Story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I noticed that the Indy dive club has canceled both monthly dives that were scheduled at BS. I think this is a pretty good sign that it isn't divable. Or maybe I should say..for most of us that have a brain, it isn't divable.

I noticed that the Indy dive club has canceled both monthly dives that were scheduled at BS. I think this is a pretty good sign that it isn't divable. Or maybe I should say..for most of us that have a brain, it isn't divable.

Yea, I'm aware of that. I'm curious if anyone knows or has heard what the owners intend to do with the site. Obviously the initial news that they intended to clean it up and quickly get it back in diving shape have not come to pass. Do they intend to ever bring it back as a dive site?

I was in the area a couple of weeks ago and tried to stop by to see how things were going. I didn't find out anything as the gate was shut. I didn't even know there even was a gate.

The gate is usually just bungied. I doubt they would have said anything since it is the norm if diving during the week.

Hello, all,

I just got an email from Rick announcing that Blue Springs is back open again. Most of the debris has been removed, and Central Beach is almost back to normal. According to the email, they're stating water temp is in the high 70's and viz is in the 20 foot range. Air compressors are operational and so is the showers. I asked about the water tests and they say everything has checked out. Now just need to head up and look around ourselves.

John

I think I'll give it a try on the 24th. I'll be there about noon if anybody wants to join me?

It will cost you $20 to see it. :D

Not this kid,,,uhmm, old guy.
I have it on good accounts; the water may not be safe for a couple of years. You know full well of what I am speaking!

Not this kid,,,uhmm, old guy.
I have it on good accounts; the water may not be safe for a couple of years. You know full well of what I am speaking!

Yep, sure do. I would like to know if he did a test on his own. I would believe his test before any others. Money talks in small town America.
Not that I am rushing out to pack the truck to go dive BS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom