BLue Spring, Florida, Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool Plecostemous in that last shot in the first group! Nice pics.

thanks, dee!

good i.d. too... the thing, by the way, was pretty big. i am guessing two feet (the size of my forearm).

If it's called Blue Springs the pics looked green.... Just kidding those are great thanks for posting. I've only been to Ginnie and would like to see more springs.

Wildbill:cop_2:

Every one of my aquariums has at least one Pleco in it! You can't beat them for keeping the algae under control. I've seen one of that species get about 3ft long. Have you touched one? They have armoured scales. If even one of the little 6" ones scrape you hard enough you'll lose skin, I'd hate to think what that one could do if you grabbed it! And they croak like a frog!

nope, never touched one.

down here, we call them armored catfish (for the armored scales). they are becoming a nuisance after people release them into springs.

I can imagine. They grow like weeds. Large ones are so plentiful that most pet shops won't take them so people turn them loose in local waters, not realizing the impact on the native environment. Not wanting to kill one over grown fish, they may have sentenced thousands to death. But that's another subject!

hey.... hmmm....

maybe we could.... catch a bunch and have us a good ol' fashioned fish fry?

nothing better than saving the environment AND getting a free meal, eh?

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom