BLue Spring, Florida, Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not much meat on those things! It would be like eating fried grasshoppers....very crunchy! Might make good dipping, though. :wink:

First thing, the link is broken, I would sure like to see the pix(I'm trying to get there this weekend). Secondly, I'm not sure how pleco could hurt the local fish population, the only thing they eat is algae. I know it's never a good idea to introduce a non-native plant or animal into a body of water, but this is a benign fish that could actually be a benefit.

Buster this thread is over 2 years old...

BusterDive:
First thing, the link is broken, I would sure like to see the pix(I'm trying to get there this weekend). Secondly, I'm not sure how pleco could hurt the local fish population, the only thing they eat is algae. I know it's never a good idea to introduce a non-native plant or animal into a body of water, but this is a benign fish that could actually be a benefit.

Yep...this is an oldie!

They may seem benign but they compete with the native algae eaters. They have a voracious appetite and can severely inhibit the food source for native species.

Back
Top Bottom