Blue Spring Dive Report 8/30/03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pdoege

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Guys -

I dove Blue Spring on Saturday.

No manatees and the rangers were actually kind and civil. Yay!

The spring was really moving water and the water level was moderately high.

The cavern was beautiful as always. I love to go down to the bottom and spend some time looking up to the surface. Very pretty and other worldly.

My camera took a dump on the way down, so no pics :(

My buddy had forgotten her weight belt, so the SS and ascent were interesting.

I had forgotten to attach the DS inflator to my regs, so the squeeze was pretty bad at depth. I'll be sure to remember it for Ginnie :0

I tried to kayak dive off of Cocoa on Monday (Labor Day). There was a huge thunderstorm sitting on the reef that I had GPS'd. Big surf too. A perfect day for the surfing contest, not so good for diving.

So I played in the surf without my dive gear. A few large (8 foot) waves flipped me. Remember to bring your paddle leash! It really sucks have to recover the paddle and then swim into shore through big surf to recover your kayak. Trust me on this :)

The weather had cleared up and the water had calmed by noon. I was very tired from my various surfing adventures and called it a day.

Left my camera at a friend's house.

Doh!

So the lessons learned were:
1. Bring paddle leash
2. Chart out multiple destinations so you can work around the weather
3. Bring along a surf board or white water yack just in case

Peter

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom