Blue Hole Feb 11th-12th 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are diving the Blue Hole (DiveDoggie, and myself) this weekend.

I know this is last minute, but thought I'd throw it out there for anyone who maybe interested in hooking up there.

Our profiles are generally hit the bottom (80feet), and circle up slowly, about 45 minutes a dive. We will be in drysuits, and we will likely do Nitrox 36% on the first dives of each day. Likely 4 dives on Saturday, and two on Sunday, but one never knows!!

Santa Rosa, as a hub of HUGE activity is VERY busy, but we THINK we could find time to have Dinner with others if they are interested. :bfish:

Let myself or DiveDoggie know if you are interested in hooking up. This is NOTHING formal... so if you say you will be there, and it don't work out, no worries!! :D :D :D

We could throw together a picnic :D

I'm not sure I have a functioning grill other than my big deck grill, but I can check. Hotdogs, some fruit, chip and dip, maybe some Sushi :05:

The food is none to impressive locally, so eating at the Hole would not be a bad idea even if it's just the two of us! I DO have a one burner Coleman propayne stove, and we could just boil dogs, and bring some condiments and buns. Think there is any water to boil dogs nearby :D

We could also do hot coco, or maybe you know of someone who can get us some good beans :14:

I can bring my canopy, and a couple folding chairs. Hope the weather is good, I have not bothered to look. We will have plenty or room for a cooler, so maybe we hit a Store on the way out of town.

What time RU thinking of getting out of Denver Kent?

Why Nitrox on first dive? It'd make more sense on the second?

Jo's gonna be there with a group, see her thread on this forum. Have fun. I got a medical deal Friday, then Balmorhea next weekend.

Gonna miss another Oyster dive. Oh well, at least I have a good excuse this time.

I'll be in Laguna Beach, CA attempting my first surf entry for the Wrinkles dives. That should be entertaining. :D

Have fun at the 'Hole.

DandyDon:
Why Nitrox on first dive? It'd make more sense on the second?

Jo's gonna be there with a group, see her thread on this forum. Have fun. I got a medical deal Friday, then Balmorhea next weekend.

Hey Don,

I guess we are thinking that it provides us a shorter SI, and we can effectively do two dives in less time in the morning before things get stirred up. I'll have to think about it and discuss it with my Buddy. I'm not sure if it really matters that much. We unfortunatley have only enough Nitrox tanks to do one dive a day Nitrox.

We are not pushing NDL's, and spend the majority of the dive generally at about 60', so Nitrox is partly because we have Nitrox tanks, so why not use them. Unfortuanately with only air fills available, it becomes a mute point once we use them.

Have fun in Balmorhea. RU diving there? Is the Vis good? Is there STUFF to see? What's the depth? I'm not sure I'd ever make a trip that far to dive it, but it's always nice to hear of good dive sites in the event I ever am traveling through that part of Texas for other reasons.

Well, you're Adjusted Air Depth or whatever we call that is shallower in the hole with Nitrox, so it'd work better over all on the second dive. Chart the 2 dive plan both ways, see what you get...?

Going down to Balmorhea for Rescue training. 72-76 F water, almost always clear, 20 ft max, endangered pupfish, turtles, cats, water plants. I wouldn't drive that far for fun, but for training - ok. If you're ever in the Pecos area, tho, you gotta do it once anyway.

I'll be in Santa Rosa March 31, Rock Lake Deco training dive to 150 I think. :)

Man, we are all missing each other. I'll be at Blue Hole on the 18th (dates were changed) and then to Balmorhea one either Jan 25th or Mar 4th?
Bummer!!!

scubajoh44:
Man, we are all missing each other. I'll be at Blue Hole on the 18th (dates were changed) and then to Balmorhea one either Jan 25th or Mar 4th?
Bummer!!!
You planning a year ahead now? :silly:

DandyDon:
You planning a year ahead now? :silly:

Oh, yes FEBRUARY 25th. :439: I'm blonde! :D

Back
Top Bottom