Blue Hole Feb 11th-12th 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajoh44:
Oh, yes FEBRUARY 25th. :439: I'm blonde! :D
I understand, all the months look alike to me too. :wink:

scubajoh44:
Man, we are all missing each other. I'll be at Blue Hole on the 18th (dates were changed) and then to Balmorhea one either Jan 25th or Mar 4th?
Bummer!!!

Your LDS changes class dates a week out from the trip? Must be tough on the students.

I however am not upset that yet another class will be missing this weekend from the Hole :D The less classes the better in the case of the Hole :14:

Sorry we will miss you, maybe next time.

Wish I could join ya this time too. Trying to pay off my caribbean trip now, so I can't afford the fuel costs. Maybe in a couple months I'll be good to go.

As for silting out the vis, I dont think there's anything to stir up down there. The DPS dive team just sucked everything out of there remember? At least that's what they claim they were doing. eyebrow My theory is that they are hiding evidence from the Roswell crash under that locked grate. So if you see any 'silt' on the bottom, you know what's REALLY goin on! LOL :D

FD

fire_diver:
Wish I could join ya this time too. Trying to pay off my caribbean trip now, so I can't afford the fuel costs. Maybe in a couple months I'll be good to go.

As for silting out the vis, I dont think there's anything to stir up down there. The DPS dive team just sucked everything out of there remember? At least that's what they claim they were doing. eyebrow My theory is that they are hiding evidence from the Roswell crash under that locked grate. So if you see any 'silt' on the bottom, you know what's REALLY goin on! LOL :D

FD
Yeah, there's silt in the bottom - it can be mucked. :wink:

I am a complete idiot!
I forced my good buddy Ron, to wait, and then I ended up cancelling. So now we will go another weekend. I owe big time. I guess I'll pick up a couple of steak dinners and Margaritas to make up for flailing so hard!

If Colorado people are trying to save $, we can meet and carpool.

fire_diver:

FD
Okay - where in Okalahoma...?

I'm at Plainview. If that's anywhere close to on your way, maybe I can help you economize? My next trip to Santa Rosa is Thursday evening, March 30. Diving Rock Lake to 150 feet the next morning with my Tech Inst, then coming home - but stay another night or two.

One possible hitch: Haven't quit smoking yet, and won't before then. I can not smoke in the room, but there will be smoke in the vehicle with vent window open and baking soda in the ash tray as well as on my clothes. Some have a problem with that and we lepers are learning to avoid the hassels. :wink:

Divedoggie:
I am a complete idiot!
I forced my good buddy Ron, to wait, and then I ended up cancelling. So now we will go another weekend. I owe big time. I guess I'll pick up a couple of steak dinners and Margaritas to make up for flailing so hard!

Is that bad news or good news? LOL

I will be over there on the next Sunday, Feb.18, is that the weekend you're thinking of?

ABQdiver:
Is that bad news or good news? LOL

I will be over there on the next Sunday, Feb.18, is that the weekend you're thinking of?
Feb 18th is Saturday in Texas and most of the other states. Click here
:lol:​

Divedoggie:
I am a complete idiot!

No problem buddy! :wink:

We will do it another weekend. I won't go into details, but Kent had a good reason to cancel even if at the last minute.

We are thinking next weekend, but it's not finalized.

One way or another, we will dive the hole again in the upcoming weeks, and I'll start a new thread when we make a decision.

Dinner, and Drinks sounds good! :cheers: Any chance of finding a five star restraunt in Santa Rose?? :no

fire_diver:

FD

I've SEEN aliens in Roswell :icon28: I think they made an illegal boarder crossing from down south :14:

As for silt removal from the hole. We dove it in December, and somehow their giant vacuum missed a BUNCH!! It can definately get silted, however bad vis at the hole is still 30 feet which is a main reason to dive there. :D

Back
Top Bottom