Blue Hole - Dog Days Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABQdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any Scuba Board members plan on attending the December 6 DUI Dog Days Demo event at Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM?

It would be fun to put together a meeting of sorts..

I plan on testing a couple of their suits. Anyone ever take the repair seminar? Sounds interesting..

Gotta' book hotel res for Saturday night. Wouldn't wanta' miss the dinner party.

Went last year, got the cap, had fun. Got inverted once, but rolled out okay. Not really looking to buy a dry suit, but if I do, wnata' be informed. Besides, it's fun.

I'll be in a red F-150 with my name all over it, and will probably resemble my photo in profile. Do you have a higher altitude pass to cross on the way home? The altitude there is almost 5,000 ft.

don

dandydon once bubbled...
Gotta' book hotel res for Saturday night. Wouldn't wanta' miss the dinner party.

Went last year, got the cap, had fun. Got inverted once, but rolled out okay. Not really looking to buy a dry suit, but if I do, wnata' be informed. Besides, it's fun.

I'll be in a red F-150 with my name all over it, and will probably resemble my photo in profile. Do you have a higher altitude pass to cross on the way home? The altitude there is almost 5,000 ft.

don
I didn't go last year and looking forward to taking part.
I dive a Bare ATR HD, which I really like. But can't help thinking about new gear. This way you get to try them out for basically free and have some fun while your at it.

I'll look out for you. I dive a white and silver Dodge Ram 4x4 with a headache rack (in construction biz) and usually park in the covered picnic area just to the South and on the East side of the hole.
Your right the altitude at Blue Hole is 4762' and going back to Albuquerque you have to go over a higher section at Clines Corners which is at 7250'. Just have to take time and make sure the surface interval is enough before driving home.

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Any More brave souls?

Kevin

The last time I dived that spring was a DUI Dog Days dive a year ago - with snow falling. No big deal. The suits keep us warm, and they has heaters in the tents.

For more info: http://www.dui-online.com/newsite/newsite.htm

Think I'll blow work and go over Friday, help set the tents up, and see what I can learn from those guys!

don

I had expressed interest in the Field Repair seminar. Sounded like a good thing to learn. But they told me they were short on help and may not even have it. Sighhhh, oh well.

We will get there Saturday morning about 9am and will look for you.

The weather sounds better now than it did a few days ago. Highs of 54° or so with partly sunny skies. Sounds great to me!!:D

See ya there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom