Question Blue Hole at Santa Rosa NM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You will freeze in a 5, that place dives cold. We were there in May once and it was also snowing.

Okay I appreciate all the valuable advice. I'll go with a 7mm wetsuit along with a hood and gloves.

I dive there a lot since it's the only diving around within 2 hours (I live near Taos). I'm petty cold-tolerant but I dive in a 5mm all the time and I'm fine. Sometimes with a 1.5mm hooded vest, sometimes just the wetsuit. I did my cert dive there in a 7mm and hate the bulk. Everyone's different but you might be fine in a 5.

EDIT: Temps range from 62-65.

It's freaking cold... 7 mil wouldn't be a bad idea, and a hood. 61⁰ water if I recall correctly. I had to get a permit from the city to dive in it, not sure if you have to have one now.

Yes to the 7mm suit. I got chilled in a 7mm with a beanie and gloves. It isn’t unbearable, but it’s on the colder side of comfortable for me. But I also use a full 3mm suit in Maui for reference.

Where does I40 reach 8000 feet between ABQ and Santa Rosa? Looking at a map the highest I see is 7000 ft.

What's crazy is the kids diving into it with just swimsuits lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom