Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday--the water was green and so were this guy's teeth

IMG_4187.jpg

This Sand Diver is the largest we've seen. The book indicates a maximum size of 18 inches. This one was every bit of that!! West side--rubble pile.

Scratching post

Whilst lying in wait for the two-spot octo to finally show his face (he did), a couple of spade fish decided that my fins would make good fish squeegies and kept rubbing themselves against the sides of them. It also may have been that they were merely consoling me over my (lack of) fashion sense. Regardless, it scared the snot out of me when the first rub occurred.

IMG_4990wa.jpgIMG_4991wa.jpgIMG_4993wa.jpgIMG_4995wa spade scratch.jpgIMG_4998wa.jpgIMG_5006wa.jpg

Oh, and I *love* Burl Ives.

Pretty cool meeting you guys and putting faces to names. If you ain't a college professor, then you've missed yer calling. :D

Funny you should mention that. jimw went to college for 14 years ... claims a PHD in General Studies... so what does he do when he retires..... yep, goes back to college. His head must be so full of stuff it's ready to explode. :D

Nice meeting you. When I saw the Georgia plates in the parking lot I figured it had to be you. Didn't get a chance to get a word in edgewise with jimw talking and you were gone when I got back to where you guys were. I was off talking to Jeff. So, see you next time and glad we finally met.

Whilst lying in wait for the two-spot octo to finally show his face (he did), a couple of spade fish decided that my fins would make good fish squeegies and kept rubbing themselves against the sides of them. It also may have been that they were merely consoling me over my (lack of) fashion sense. Regardless, it scared the snot out of me when the first rub occurred.
that's pretty cool. I had the opportunity to do that once down here at the Yellow Brick Road. A school of spadefish took to my fins. fun.

a couple of spade fish decided that my fins would make good fish squeegies and kept rubbing themselves against the sides of them

I love it when they do that :D Every time I see a school of Spadefish, I lean back and stick my feet/fins out for them to clean themselves on :)

I love it when they do that :D Every time I see a school of Spadefish, I lean back and stick my feet/fins out for them to clean themselves on :)

Amazing! Had no idea. Guess what *I'll* be doing next time I see some of them. :D That is, if I ever dive, again. Managed to "lose" one of my cameras today. Found one of those striated froggies on the east side near the beach today. Went back to grab my weighted dive flag reel and the "spare" camera with the wide angle lens that was hooked to it. Fortunately, the reel and flag were still there. Not real impressed with the human race today. . .

Last edited:
Awww...sorry about the camera :depressed: Maybe it wasn't a human...I hate to think someone (especially a diver!) would do something like that :no:

so sorry to hear. that sucks.

---------- Post added September 28th, 2013 at 07:44 PM ----------

But, hey, you found the froggies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom