Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost my BHB virginity over the weekend and I must say this is the best shore dive I have ever done. Lots of critters good viz and a friendly bunch of divers. I will return.

Only downside to my trip was a lost camera offshore but the bridge had nothing to do with that.

Nice meeting you and the other part of the Greenville contingent. I was the bald guy talking to you all at the bridge. Sorry to hear about losing your GoPro out on the reef. It will certainly turn back up, and hopefully they will have read this thread. I know Pura Vida Divers reads this thread as well. What dive spot did you lose it on?

Lost my BHB virginity over the weekend and I must say this is the best shore dive I have ever done. Lots of critters good viz and a friendly bunch of divers. I will return.

Only downside to my trip was a lost camera offshore but the bridge had nothing to do with that.

If you liked it over the weekend you will really like it on a great day. The viz over the weekend was what the locals would consider diveable but not
great. When we get 25 to 30 ft on the viz we consider this a good day at the bridge ! Even the 15 ft or so viz we have had the last couple days is
some decent diving !

Between getting that gawd-awful flu over Christmas, work and marathon training I haven't been able to dive as much as I like. I did manage to get up to the bridge a few weeks ago. And now I've been promised a new dive camera for my birthday. Once I'm comfortable with it we'll get the underwater housing. I'm going from my current 8 megapixels to 20! I can't wait.

Wish me luck this Sunday, peeps, as I run the full (26.2 mile) Miami marathon. And I'll put my troll hat back on again soon.

Here is one shot from my first dive of 2013. I call it "Happy New Year."

HappyNewYear.jpg

Well, we dove again on Sunday. A bit delayed as we spent more time than planned at the Loggerhead Marinelife Center. Like herding cats to get the girls in the water and to the East span before the tide switched. Didn't make it in time, but had a great time looking over the snorkel trail structures - amazing amount of marine life for the short period they've been down. Major finds on Sunday included a couple of eagle rays, another large southern stingray, several jawfish (unfortunately, none with eggs), a sea robin, and another stargazer. Coming back in, we chanced upon a rather large manatee cruising by. My granddaughter was thrilled. No camera again, so no photos. Temperature was up from Saturday - we registered 76º while south and 74º under the East span. Vis was 20'+ at the start of the dive, but quickly deteriorated after the tide changed - to less than 10' under the bridge. Had a great time.

Between getting that gawd-awful flu over Christmas, work and marathon training I haven't been able to dive as much as I like. I did manage to get up to the bridge a few weeks ago. And now I've been promised a new dive camera for my birthday. Once I'm comfortable with it we'll get the underwater housing. I'm going from my current 8 megapixels to 20! I can't wait.

Wish me luck this Sunday, peeps, as I run the full (26.2 mile) Miami marathon. And I'll put my troll hat back on again soon.

Here is one shot from my first dive of 2013. I call it "Happy New Year."

Be careful this Sun. You may dry out. Good Luck. Rootin' for ya!

View attachment 145328

Be careful this Sun. You may dry out. Good Luck. Rootin' for ya!
I'm finally gettin' back also.

Nice to meet you as well! I was on the Northern end of the Breakers on my ascent.

---------- Post added January 22nd, 2013 at 11:08 AM ----------

Oh I will definitely be back, a good viz day at my local shore diving site is 10' so 15' - 20' is fantastic. Hopefully I will hit it on a great day next time.

Oh I will definitely be back, a good viz day at my local shore diving site is 10' so 15' - 20' is fantastic. Hopefully I will hit it on a great day next time.
You guys got in a tiny bit too early. At one point I looked up and the viz was 30-35 feet. But that was only for a few minutes.

This is for my new friend JellyFishJoy.
_1200038.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom