Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks.. it really hits the spot after getting so chilled with these long dives! :)

Ditto what Jenny and Bob said. It must be stargazer "season" - good grief! 3 again today including (we think) another southern. Three seahorses, three stargazers, an octopus, the big southern ray with the short tail, two smaller baby southerns, a batfish, two juvenile bluespotted cornetfish doing their own little sychronized swimming routine plus the usual cast of BHB characters. Not bad for a two hour dive.

Nice to see DiveBob8 again - it's been too long. And always good seeing ScubaJim! Great dive everyone!

From this angle I'm not sure if that male is pregnant. His pouch doesn't look very poochy.

male1.jpgfemale1.jpgXcornetfish.jpg

Heartbreakers !!!

I had to go to a faculty Christmas party and then was called to go in to work for a few hours in the middle of my vacation.

But I'm glad you guys had a great dive.

two juvenile bluespotted cornetfish doing their own little sychronized swimming routine plus the usual cast of BHB characters. Not bad for a two hour dive. View attachment 110653

Dang. That might be enough to get me back in the car. Saw one of those baby cornets last winter, very nearly dismissing it as trash. Ran into my first stargazers a while back. Have since learned of their tongue act. Thanks for sharing. Bob is one of the few trolls whom I've actually met, having been accosted by him in the Force E parking lot once. :D

Kevin

Heartbreakers !!!

I had to go to a faculty Christmas party and then was called to go in to work for a few hours in the middle of my vacation.

But I'm glad you guys had a great dive.

We missed you B!

Here is the little video of the stargazers we saw today. We think the third one, that stayed stuck in the sand, is another southern. But hard to say for certain. (p.s. I miss my strobe terribly but I'm having fun with the flip).

[video=youtube;q85KMuseDDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q85KMuseDDA[/video]

Great pics and vids!!!! I don't have to tell you all how lucky you are to have a place like BHB. :wink:

I am so excited about taking my girls there in a couple of weeks. Wifey/dive buddy and I have been once and we look forward to it again. More important is getting our newly certified daughter in something other than the quarry and let her find out what real diving is like. We will be diving BHB and doing a shore dive if weather and sea state allows.

Jet: nice video of the stargazers: Gary Hoey did a cover of Hocus Pocus a few years ago and I think it is even better than the orginal one by Focus Hocus Pocus - Gary Hoey - YouTube

Thanks!

And the question of the day is: how many of you YouTubed Hocus Pocus by Focus once you heard those first sixty seconds? It's not like it pops up much on Big 105.9. But that's the song that ran through my head as I watched that fish swim.

I looked at the video again, and am wondering if that last one was a southern. Didn't have that distinctive star on his head like the one the other day.. course I could be way wrong... :wink:

You people know those things can shock the crap out of you, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom