Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weather has been really bad and kept us out of the water for 3 weeks or so.

We plan to do the Friday night dive and then catch the early am tide on saturday. That will be a great Christmas give for us!

I dove BHB 6 times since getting certified in September this year,my problem is that I see more life in pictures here on the thread than when diving there, I need to hook up with some of you guys and/or girls that know the ropes so yall can show me around. PLEASE !!!! I need to meet people that dive, make friends, buddies to dive with.

Go really, really, really slow. Maybe even stop in areas with lots of debris, structure, etc for a few minutes.

Look around for any signs of movement. Look at different colors/shapes/textures.

It is amazing how many things you will see!

Friday hi tide is 0650...I'll get up early!:sinq:

heee heee.. pool to myself! LOL

After I posted that, I learned it was a night dive. Joining the Buoyancy Babes?

Yep, what djtimmy77 said. Go slow. And because it is so shallow, slowing down will force you to learn very good buoyancy skills very quickly. And then the fun begins. You will really begin to see all the cool stuff! Course, going along with somebody that can help teach you how to spot stuff helps. :) The other thing is, have no expectations going into the dive, lest you become disappointed. Once you can marvel at the beauty of the hermit crab or per se, then the rest is icing on the cake! Enjoy!

What are the water temps this time of year at BHB and for local beach diving? Just trying to figure out what to bring next week.

What are the water temps this time of year at BHB and for local beach diving? Just trying to figure out what to bring next week.

The water has been in the mid-70's. I am wearing a full 5mm with skin under and am still cold. I just can't break down yet and add that 3mm vest and the extra weight it requires.

Of course if you see something wonderful like a manatee or school of spotted eagle rays you will forget to be cold.

Go really, really, really slow. Maybe even stop in areas with lots of debris, structure, etc for a few minutes.

Look around for any signs of movement. Look at different colors/shapes/textures.

It is amazing how many things you will see!

Yep, what djtimmy77 said. Go slow. And because it is so shallow, slowing down will force you to learn very good buoyancy skills very quickly. And then the fun begins. You will really begin to see all the cool stuff! Course, going along with somebody that can help teach you how to spot stuff helps. :) The other thing is, have no expectations going into the dive, lest you become disappointed. Once you can marvel at the beauty of the hermit crab or per se, then the rest is icing on the cake! Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice. I also need to meet new people to dive with, my friend/dive buddy that I got certified with never wants to go diving and I don't know anyone else that dives.

I'm out for today. Sorry if anybody was looking to hook up.. too much to do before Christmas..

My son and I are very new (just got certified a couple of weeks ago). Would diving the BHB be considered OK for beginners? We will be in the Keys next week, and have reservations for the 27th and 28th with Key Dives, but adding a shore dive on the last day there before we return to Tampa would be a nice way to end the little excursion.

Thanks in advance for any advice, including "STAY OUT UNTIL YOU GET MORE EXPERIENCE" if appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom