Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the ocean.

I come down here frequently to dive, enjoy diving the bridge, and haven't stumbled on to where I find sea horses. It was an honest question undeserving of snark, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One: It was an honest reply in light of what Jenny wrote.
Two: While there was snark in it; that's who I am, and typical of the response I give to an imprecise question.
Three: I don't give a damn. Lighten up. You asked a silly question- you will get a snarky response. Next time; think before you type.

A better question would have been: "I have dove the bridge several times, and usually frequent X side. I would like to see some seahorses to (look at/photograph/collect/eat with wasabi). I usually hang out around (the shopping carts/sailboat/under the bridge/ ogling the women in bikinis), but have not yet seen any seahorses. What would a better (time of day/depth range/location) be to look for these animals, and would some one be willing to help me find them? I pay (nothing but thanks/dinner/copious amounts of $100 bills/ full body adult massages) for your help!"

Using this formula (without offering full body adult massages, of course) I have met several outstanding friends and been fortunate enough to have them show me very cool stuff like Nudibranchs, Mantis Shrimp, Frogfish, Shrimps, Spiders, and the always tasty Seahorses.

One: It was an honest reply in light of what Jenny wrote.
Two: While there was snark in it; that's who I am, and typical of the response I give to an imprecise question.
Three: I don't give a damn. Lighten up. You asked a silly question- you will get a snarky response. Next time; think before you type.

A better question would have been: "I have dove the bridge several times, and usually frequent X side. I would like to see some seahorses to (look at/photograph/collect/eat with wasabi). I usually hang out around (the shopping carts/sailboat/under the bridge/ ogling the women in bikinis), but have not yet seen any seahorses. What would a better (time of day/depth range/location) be to look for these animals, and would some one be willing to help me find them? I pay (nothing but thanks/dinner/copious amounts of $100 bills/ full body adult massages) for your help!"

Using this formula (without offering full body adult massages, of course) I have met several outstanding friends and been fortunate enough to have them show me very cool stuff like Nudibranchs, Mantis Shrimp, Frogfish, Shrimps, Spiders, and the always tasty Seahorses.
That's all fine. I posted a shortcut question that was written in the spirit of I've dived the bridge several times and haven't been fortunate enough to see something I'd really like to see. Sorry, I didn't realize that I needed to more formally request info and that i admittedly wrote a somewhat self- deprecating light-hearted plea for guidance. I'm here with my 13yr old son who is finishing up his OW cert, we dove the bridge today, and while we saw a lot of cool stuff, sea horses continue to elude me. I will likely have one more chance to dive the bridge this trip, and it would be really cool to see them with my son. I understand scuba_jenny protecting them and have no qualms with her response, and am sorry that some feel inclined to remove them from the site.

Last edited:
Wasabi? I thought you liked Srirachi?
Nah- Seahorses are best sliced up into Sashimi and served with wasabi. Nudibranchs, on the other hand, go great with Srirachi- helps kill the sting the Aeolids have in their cetera. :D

wspalding- your question was imprecise; just asking where the seahorses are tells people nothing about how to help, what they can help you with, where you've looked, and why they should help you.

It is really OK.

My suggestion would be that when you get the opportunity to come back down, you hire a guide. I have been diving the bridge since the 70's, and am still amazed at what I see, and what guides like Jenny point out.

We have also seen some really bad stuff, so thank you for understanding how protective we are.

When you figure that a tank is $10-$15, and you have all your other gear, $50 for a guide is money well spent.
D3031451.jpg

Nah- Seahorses are best sliced up into Sashimi and served with wasabi. Nudibranchs, on the other hand, go great with Srirachi- helps kill the sting the Aeolids have in their cetera. :D

wspalding- your question was imprecise; just asking where the seahorses are tells people nothing about how to help, what they can help you with, where you've looked, and why they should help you.

It was a very imprecise question, I won't argue that. I just provided a little background on my current trip. I've looked on both east and west sides, along the bridge pillars, in the bricks and things on the bottom. I haven't searched anchor lines. I will admit that there are so many cool things to see that I haven't given it 100% effort to locate and photograph as I am in awe if all the life there.

That's all fine. I posted a shortcut question that was written in the spirit of I've dived the bridge several times and haven't been fortunate enough to see something I'd really like to see. Sorry, I didn't realize that I needed to more formally request info and that i admittedly wrote a somewhat self- deprecating light-hearted plea for guidance. I'm here with my 13yr old son who is finishing up his OW cert, we dove the bridge today, and while we saw a lot of cool stuff, sea horses continue to elude me. I will likely have one more chance to dive the bridge this trip, and it would be really cool to see them with my son. I understand scuba_jenny protecting them and have no qualms with her response, and am sorry that some feel inclined to remove them from the site.

Try stopping in at Force E, and chatting with the guys there....they may get you an introduction to someone that could easily hook you up with the seahorse.

It is really OK.

My suggestion would be that when you get the opportunity to come back down, you hire a guide. I have been diving the bridge since the 70's, and am still amazed at what I see, and what guides like Jenny point out.

We have also seen some really bad stuff, so thank you for understanding how protective we are.

When you figure that a tank is $10-$15, and you have all your other gear, $50 for a guide is money well spent.
View attachment 188831
Yeah, there is no telling how many cool things I cruised past and missed because I was clueless on what to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom