Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet thank you for the information! That's exactly what we were looking for! I think we will definitely do the afternoon dive at BHB on Saturday and then hit the Goat in the evening. I guess we will have to get there to decide on a hotel/motel. I am going to take off that following Monday and Tuesday, so I don't really care what time we get back. I will be using Nitrox and my wife air...so I think we will hit E-Force as my LDS around here do partials as well. I can't wait to hit it...Maybe we could even do a night dive...I saw that E-Force does the night dives...anyone know the costs? I think that would be really interesting as neither of us have never done one before.

-Sapp

Sapp, The next night dive by Force E and Pura Vida as well as Stuart Scuba is on the 25th due to tide times and extended park closing at 10pm. Some of the local boats will do a night dive at BHB on request. Normally everyone must be off the beach area by sunset. The fishing pier is open til 10pm and the boat ramp is open 24/7.

The price is a very low zero dolla! for the beach dive!

You won't NEED voodoo gas there as the depth is 22 ft max--however some folks prefer it in any case.

Was on the Friday night dive with Pura Vida. Made the mistake of following the group (herd). Too many bodies in one place, it was a congested, murky mess but a fun dive none the less.
I'll be doing the next night dive on the 25th but soloing it this time.

Florida law is pretty clear on dive flag requirements. There are some who regularly dive without a flag for several reasons, but no amount of reasons makes it any less illegal. There aren't always LEO at the bridge, but PBSO, Coast Guard and FWC all patrol and they are not an uncommon sight. It's just better all around if you carry a flag when legally required to by Florida law.

You probably won't have much fun on a Sunday morning dive at BHB. Low tide is about 10am, high tide is 3:30 and the park opens at sunrise which is about 6:30, so you'd be diving at almost low tide. If you do decide to do that, your best bet is probably the boulder trail sunk parallel to the beach, just beyond the swimming area marked by the orange floating balls. But, you are probably better off not diving and instead, rent some paddleboards or something. Pura Vida rents some equipment, they might rent paddleboards. Or, dive off a boat. There are several that leave from the marinas around BHB (and coming soon, there will be a dive boat at BHB...) and you'll end up paying about $65-$75 plus tip each.

Force E and Pura Vida are the two main shops but there are others, Force E only does partial pressure blending if you want nitrox, they fill in a water bath and are pretty quick about it. Pura Vida has banked nitrox, fill dry, and they aren't quick about it. Both shops are great, if you can, get a fill from both, always great to support the local dive shops.
BHB Dive Shops

My tides app shows high tide Sunday at 9:22 and low tide at 3:30,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you are right, tomorrow's high tide is 9:30ish, I was speaking of the tide on the following weekend, the 20th...should have put the date in there to eliminate confusion.

I think I'll be there tomorrow but the footage I want to get is easier done snorkeling, so no tanks for me!

Hire a guide. Unless you are a regular to this thread, you may be assumed to be a collector and that kind of info is no longer posted here. We've lost too many really cool critters over the years. They seem to mysteriously disappear after their whereabouts were posted to this forum. It's been suspected that collectors lurk here. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom