Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, the quote makes it look like your comment is directed at TC ... :confused:
I think it was.

Silly me...I've been looking for Seahorses in the sea.

I wonder if the dried ones make good seahorse jerky...:D

Out from CA thoroughly enjoying a week diving the Bridge. Somehow managed to lose the float/flag I'd rented from Jim Abernethy this morning. It has "JASA" written on it and I believe their phone number as well. If you happened to have picked it up, would appreciate a pm or if I could trouble you to return it to JA. Thanks!

Great dive yesterday. 30 ft vis and constant 81 temps.
We found so many great things. Kelly found a honey comb moray, the blind spotter found a long nose batfish, bristle worms hunting and eating a snapping shrimp, sponge bobs, mating brittle stars and finAlly a baby sea turtle, still confirming type. Tough to image. Some kids were collecting and we hope they listened about it being a felony. Didn't look like they cared but checked before we left and 3 sargassum frogs, 2 baby cudas, a flounder and several arrow crab but no turtle. Hope some pictures to follow.
John
they collected sargassam froggies? sigh..... they are probably dead already.. A turtle is a definite felony.. endangered species and all..

Think they knew there is zero enforcement on collecting anything especially once Sandra and the dynamic duo left.

Clearly they didn't care, in fact the girl wanted to scoop it up while I was video taping the turtle, her chief concern was "does it bite"...

The dirty look I got when I told them it was a felony made it pretty clear what they thought.

Waiting on Sandra and Kelly gave them ample time to see my sheriff office cap:no:

Since I have seen them before I think they are collecting to sell which would make it commercial collecting but they know to say it is for them.

Sigh. Wish we could close that loophole. Come on Dan!

John

On a lighter note, some images donated to the cause by my sweetie.
Monday morning.
"Find" credits to the blind squirrel!!!:D

Attachments

• sponge bob.jpg
    sponge bob.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 112
Ohh we need some undercover cops there to stop the collecting...

---------- Post added July 15th, 2014 at 08:12 PM ----------

Yanno.. they need a least a recreational fishing license with live well requirements.. hmmm..
Recreational Harvest of Marine Life (Aquarium) Species

This is another first for us, Kelly only got one shot before it vanished into the sand.
Was SO happy we got a proof of life pic. Check that crazy dorsal fin!
I will be Keeping a "sharp" myopic eye out for another in the future...
I think they are fairly rare given we have never seen one in all our day and night dives there.

Attachments

• Honey comb Moray.jpg
    Honey comb Moray.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 112
We just got back home from our first night dive at the bridge last friday. It was my wifes very first night dive:cool2:, my dive buddies first time at the bridge that day and All of us had a total blast. We did a early am dive, then back tracked more or less over the same route at night.

I was able to kill a lionfish with my muck stick!! We had some bright lights and I saw a guy chasing it with a knife around and around a piling. I countered him and got the fish in the sand and nailed it with the stick. :D That made my night!!!!

The dive was pretty kickass as well. Dive video to come.

Ohh we need some undercover cops there to stop the collecting...

---------- Post added July 15th, 2014 at 08:12 PM ----------

Yanno.. they need a least a recreational fishing license with live well requirements.. hmmm..
Recreational Harvest of Marine Life (Aquarium) Species

Who would you tell? I never see a park ranger and the lifeguard told me to call FWC when I reported some idjit spearing Spadefish off the east bridge....

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom