Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dove today as well and the viz was improved over yesterday to about 25-30 and a temp on the Suunto of 81. We went east this time and those who went west said it was better than yesterday as well--around 20-25 ft. I hope Brendapon posts her and husband Dave's story of an octo rescue Dave did today. I will ask them more about it tomorrow as we all are going again--3rd day in a row for moi!

IMG_5279.jpg

This Lantern Bass stayed with me for a few seconds--time enough for 1 shot--they usually run like stink when I get close enough to make a pic of'em! I can't recall ever taking a picture of one until today!! What COLORS!!

Viz at BHB has steadily improved this week, we did the east and saw 30-40 ft of blue water viz and 81 degrees! We saw a nice stargazer on our way back to the beach--shot some pics--stand by! The scaffolding on the SE corner of the site has been turned 90 degrees and overturned--if you know where it was, you will still be able to find it! It is on Force E's free map.

It was sooo good we talked about getting back in--the viz out front was still 30 when we got out an hour after hi slack tide--going again tomorrow! AND Friday!

This Lantern Bass stayed with me for a few seconds--time enough for 1 shot--they usually run like stink when I get close enough to make a pic of'em!
I don't recall stink running away from you....:D

BTW. Shirts are now On Hand. You shall soon have a treasured dive relic, of which only 14 are known to exist. :D

Everyday is a great day when we have the privilege of diving there. Yesterday was "octo day" for us... saw at least 8, but the highlight was releasing one from fishing line he was tangled in. In the first pic, you can see the line, which was moving every time he moved. We cut the line (hook fortunately was not through the octo yet), and slowly pulled it away. He gave us the honor of hanging out, holding hands, then moved to pose with a seastar.

Attachments

• P6023809.jpg
    P6023809.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 94
  • P6023815.jpg
    P6023815.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 87
  • P6023831.jpg
    P6023831.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 99
And while posting (and since the last post actually worked), I will post some very blurry pics of a school of squid we saw as well. The pics are embarrassing but the squid were cool. There were about 25 just north of the boat channel on the west side.

Attachments

• P6023792.jpg
    P6023792.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 73
  • P6023794.jpg
    P6023794.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 71
  • P6023795 (3).jpg
    P6023795 (3).jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 80
Here are 2 pics from yesterday at BHB--a newtome fishing technique using Friskies cat food. I wanna know why they spent so much when the Walmart housebrand would do!!? This was right by the east bridge. I usually get a bunch of backscatter shooting wide shots under the bridges--especially east--yesterday, not so much!

IMG_5297.jpgIMG_5308.jpg

I use a Canon S95 in the Canon housing and the internal strobe.

Brendapon, Thanks for posting the octo rescue!

T.C., Were you referring to moi--as a "dive relic":D Huh buddy, were ya!? June 14=Bonaire, Matt!!!!

Lovin' all the pics!

A friendly reminder to those that may be newer to this thread. Please don't post locations of critters found. In the past we have suspected lurkers who are also collectors have used our locations to collect the critters.

Somebody PM'd me and mentioned that there are collectors near the sheriff's parking lot. While this is legal, wish there was some way to dissuade the activity.

T.C., Were you referring to moi--as a "dive relic":D Huh buddy, were ya!? June 14=Bonaire, Matt!!!!
Nope. There is only one of you known to exist (Thank God!), The only one who owns you is DiveDiveDM, but I'm sure you're treasured by her. The rest of us may trade you for the shirt. :D

I'd classify you as a dive antique. :D:D:D:D

213 hours till we land in Bonaire, buddy!

I'll be hitting the bridge Tue-Thur next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom