Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went for the 5th day in a row today--a new personal record!! Viz fell off a bit to 25-30ft at the start and much less as the tide turned, 10-15ft. Temp up slightly--the Suunto indicating 82 at times and 81 otherwise. West again--saw good stuff and some horrible divers. The place was CROWDED with divers and kids as yesterday was the last day of school. There are scheduled night dives next week on Wednesday and Thursday--check Pura Vida and Force E Facebook under events.

A few pics from yesterday and the day before--6/5 and 6. We saw a little octo grab a box crab and tote it kicking, etc to it's hole--very interesting! IMG_5326.jpgIMG_5327.jpgIMG_5330.jpgIMG_5393.jpgIMG_5413.jpgIMG_5415.jpg

The other octo has been on that light fixture, south side of the west bridge; for a time--it yesterday had a big bristle worm attached to it--check it out if you go this weekend!! We are guessing it won't work out well for the octo...........

So that's how Octopus's do their equivalent of picking up Domino's on the way home from work...

I had one last PTO day to burn before July so I took Friday off, booked a two-tank in the morning and caught the 15:27 high that afternoon. When I did the math I realized it was a pretty big day! (215 dives at BHB?!? Tall Guy says I'm nuts) Thanks Jenny for joining me and for taking my pic!

6-6-14 mugshot.jpg

Here are a few others from the dive:

6-6-14 froggie close up.jpg 6-6-14 lined seahorse.jpg DSC06230.jpg

Your scubamom has said she will join us for the Wed night dive--so, we know summer is here!

Awesome!

---------- Post added June 8th, 2014 at 06:55 PM ----------

I only have 90 BHB dives....but my current streak is 32 in a row! haha. Will be out on a boat before too long though.

Conditions are FLAT!! _________________

There was a pair of divers who kept circling around as we watched this guy. They were Silt Monsters, and kept tangling their flag line with ours, as we stayed still. The fish kept hiding when they passed by, and then coming back out of his hole when they left. Dive better, see more cool stuff!

Blenny-0673.jpg

A few pics from yesterday and the day before--6/5 and 6. We saw a little octo grab a box crab and tote it kicking, etc to it's hole--very interesting!View attachment 186167View attachment 186168View attachment 186169View attachment 186170View attachment 186171View attachment 186172

The other octo has been on that light fixture, south side of the west bridge; for a time--it yesterday had a big bristle worm attached to it--check it out if you go this weekend!! We are guessing it won't work out well for the octo...........

Is that last octo eating a FIRE WORM??

Jah Jah, the divers were HORRIBLE on Friday. I was shooting a small scorpionfish and had a group of people swim over me. Then just as I finished shooting a SH, a class swam over me, I had to physically grab the one ladie's fin to keep from getting kicked in the face as she passed. Then as we were shooting another critter a class came by. The worst of them was the guy carrying the flag. He was so over weighted that he was bouncing along the bottom on his knees and flailing his fins trying to get lift. BHB might be an excellent training site, but the instructors should at least make sure the students have had some pool work first. :shakehead: :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:As an aside, none of us are perfect. All of us have inadvertently kicked up some stuff, bumped a piling with a fin, or planted a hand on something we shouldn't have. Not giving us a free pass, however, blatant disregard for the environment in the effort to push students through to get trained is no excuse. Bad diving is bad diving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom