Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday/Monday early is where it's at! If I were diving this weekend, that's when I'd go.

Both Force E and Pura Vida are sponsoring free night dives next Tuesday!

Thank you, I only saw the update from pura Vida last week and hadn't yet called force e to find out if they were also doing one. The next tides email goes out Sunday and I'll be getting a list of upcoming events from those shops to include. This weeks mail only mentions the pura Vida event because by chance, they posted about it here while I was building the email so I threw it in there even though it was not happening in the current week.

Looking at driving down Saturday, condition and temp look to be nice. Chart shows 6 PM high tide, so that means in the water by 5? Do y'all think it will be packed no matter how early we get there?

My thinking would be that the beach-goers would be pretty much gone by then and there'd likely be plenty of parking - my only concern about how "packed" things are. To me, the dive areas are plenty big to allow for all the divers you want to throw at it. If it's too crowded, just pick another area - all kinds of cool stuff to find just about everywhere.

Mas fotos

A few more. . .

(Still haven't had a chance to look at yesterday's pics. Tennis this morning.) :D

Never seen these critters before. Bet somebody knows what they are. . .

IMG_3997a.jpg

Biggest jaw fish I've ever run across.

IMG_3941a big boy.jpg

More than one sponge garden down yonder. . .

IMG_3914a.jpg

Some brightly colored fellows over around the west wall.

IMG_3898a blue parrot intermediate.jpgIMG_3888a.jpgIMG_3718a.jpg

Hope to get some better sailfin blenny shots today. There's hoards of em out.

IMG_3880a.jpgIMG_3848a.jpgIMG_3828b.jpgIMG_3802a.jpg

Still addicted. . .

IMG_3755a mirror.jpg

Seems to be fewer of these guys out this trip.

IMG_3690a.jpg

Sunday/Monday early is where it's at! If I were diving this weekend, that's when I'd go.
Sunday early high tide is at 6:12 am. Is that too early to get into the park? Would Sunday afternoon high tide at 6:53 pm be a better choice?

I missed my chance to go at high tide today at 5:00 pm.

It is possible to do the morning dive, maybe not allowed per the rules. You'd need lights. However people have been sleeping on the beach so I sometimes take the chance.

Sunday is going to be crazy at the park. Yes, you could do it, but you won't find me there in the afternoon/evening.

If anyone here is diving BHB this weekend, my advice is to avoid spending much time in front of the beach on the west side in shallow water. It is a huge Peanut Island weekend, and there will likely be a lot of boats with less than sober drivers pulling up to the beach in that area to drop friends off who parked at Phil Foster Park. After a whole day of drinking they likely won't be paying attention for divers.

Seriously though, is there no way to photograph the boat, registration number and violation, then send it in to the FWC?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

An inappropriate suggestion was edited out of this post. Subsequent replies were also deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom