Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
An egg case would not move. this thing buried itself in the sand. I could see another trail that it made earlier.. Looking forward to going back now to see if I can see it again.. yeah. right..
(my next planned dive at the bridge will be.. if everything schedules out the way it's planned.. #900!!!)

immature sea salp or Pyrostemma spinosum?

http://www.teara.govt.nz/en/video/5871/salp-chain

I saw a mature one once at depth of ~80 feet on a reef in Jupiter in 2009 but it did not look white. More a greenish color though when a flash light was shone on it, it looked reddish/brownish.

This is a clip of the one I saw:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFpCL37tNTI

Another guy saw a similar one (if not the same) a few days later; he had a better rig to video it:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U_IjuCmkAY

eeehhhhh.. maybe.. maybe not. It was only 4" long. Not in the water column at all, only in the sand, and it looked like it travels under the sand.

BiminiTwist..
"I'll take 'OTHER USES FOR A MUCK STICK' for $100, Alex."
1238737_10152110395643531_6790374584647861781_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oldie and I cringe a little at what I thought was acceptable focus way back then (remember; mastering a +10 diopter not standard footage) but seemed appropriate for this....
vimeo.com/38284408 :perv:

John

I've been an irregular visitor to these forums for just over a year now, and think that I've managed to figure out how to add images to posts. In the spirit of good fellowship, I'd like to make my first photographic addition to this thread. Here's my first attempt. If I succeed, I'll add more in the not too distant future.

Kulick-09-10-09-088.jpg
Bluethroat Pikeblenny, Chaenopsis ocellata

Last edited:
:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue2::tongue::tongue::tongue2::tongue2:

funny-tongue-wag-smiley-emoticon.gif
Thanks. Needed a good laugh after today.

---------- Post added May 21st, 2014 at 03:38 PM ----------

I've been an irregular visitor to these forums for just over a year now, and think that I've managed to figure out how to add images to posts.
Very cool picture.

A suggestion though; downsize the copyright mark and move it from the center. It's large size and centered position make it the center of attention in the picture, detracting from your great shot.

Thanks guys for the comments on the subscription frame! The implementation of that is a little weird, I did not realize it was not resizing the element correctly. I thought I had tested it and confirmed it worked, but atleast it's fixed now, with room to spare on the bottom. I also added some more options.

Hopefully those that have subscribed feel the email is simple and to the point, it's all about helping us plan our dives. I've noticed that I consult my own email almost daily as people ask me about the tides, and that's what I wanted to provide, a simple and quick way to check.

Now, to get some conditions reports in and start debugging that page!
Blue Heron Bridge Diving

I've been an irregular visitor to these forums for just over a year now, and think that I've managed to figure out how to add images to posts. In the spirit of good fellowship, I'd like to make my first photographic addition to this thread. Here's my first attempt. If I succeed, I'll add more in the not too distant future.

View attachment 184810
Bluethroat Pikeblenny, Chaenopsis ocellata
done good.

Very cool picture.

A suggestion though; downsize the copyright mark and move it from the center. It's large size and centered position make it the center of attention in the picture, detracting from your great shot.
yes. agree.. or maybe even less opacity if you want to keep it in the middle. Nice shot though.

yes. True dat. And you can disable right clicking on your website, and do all sorts of things. If you really want that photo, you can get it. OTOH, it deters most people. Like locks on houses and cars. Deters most, but the ones that really want it will find a way.

---------- Post added May 21st, 2014 at 11:22 PM ----------

Thanks guys for the comments on the subscription frame! The implementation of that is a little weird, I did not realize it was not resizing the element correctly. I thought I had tested it and confirmed it worked, but atleast it's fixed now, with room to spare on the bottom. I also added some more options.

Hopefully those that have subscribed feel the email is simple and to the point, it's all about helping us plan our dives. I've noticed that I consult my own email almost daily as people ask me about the tides, and that's what I wanted to provide, a simple and quick way to check.

Now, to get some conditions reports in and start debugging that page!
Blue Heron Bridge Diving
Water temps seem a bit much. I've never had a dive under 67°. For those of us that dive a lot, a difference in the mid 70's to 80 of a degree or two is the difference between a 5mm and a 3mm, layers, hood vs beanie, etc.

Dear T.C, Scuba_Jenny, and MrChen,

Thank you for posting what I perceive as honest, constructive insight into what is to me a very serious business; the manner in which I display my work and the issue of copyright infringement. As I was perhaps a bit over-zealous in preparing my initial image file to post on ScubaBoard by making my watermark inordinately large, I’ll attempt to make them a touch less obvious in the future, should I decide to continue to share my photographs on this website. (I’ve already prepared a few images to accompany this post, so you’ll have to live with what I’ve done for now.)

While I agree that watermarks are of only marginal use in deterring theft, they do provide some modicum of protection, and as I’ve never posted my images on these forums before, figured any steps I take to protect my rights are worth the effort. (I think of watermarks as offering about the same level of protection to an image as discount car wax provides to a motor vehicle. It can’t hurt to apply some.)

There are many other techniques and practices that I use to help safeguard my rights; chief among them is to register my copyright. As you may or may not know, the copyright office specifies different procedures to register either published or unpublished images. I try and keep my office work as simple as possible by trying to submit as much of my work for registration prior to publication. By simply posting an image on these forums, it has become published, and thus requires a bit more work on my part.

A registered copyright is the strongest defense that an artist has in a copyright infringement case. Without the registration, I doubt that you would be able to find an attorney willing to represent you. I and my representatives vigorously enforce my rights, and have successfully pursued violators. The entire process of litigation is decidedly unpleasant, and though I’d rather be diving, am unwilling to allow myself to be victimized.

As I’m posting photographs here to share my appreciation with people who I believe share a common passion, (as opposed to promoting my business,) it is my hope that I won’t have to deal with much, or any theft of my rights from these forums. (I’ve also been hoping to see the Chicago Cubs win a World Series, so I am perhaps a bit of an optimist.) Should all go well, then I’ll continue to post images.
Cheers and best wishes,
OceanEyes

As dwelling upon the concept of copyright infringement has left me feeling a bit prickly, and the word count of my post is rather inflated, apropos of my mood, I’ve selected the following images to accompany the post.
Kulick-09-10-09-003.jpg

Striped Burrfish, Chilomycterus schoepfi
Kulick-14-05-07-134.jpg

Balloonfish, Diodon holocanthus
Kulick-08-07-20-136.jpg

Web Burrfish, Chilomycterus antillarum
Kulick-09-10-08-068.jpg
Checkered Puffer, Sphoeroides testudineus
Kulick-09-10-08-181.jpg
Bandtail Puffer, Sphoeroides spengleri

Status
Not open for further replies.