Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I've gotten the tides mailing list to work for two weeks now, and I've gotten some good feedback about improvements, and I think it's ready for a bit more real life use. My question is, what day would you like to receive an email with tides? Too early in the week and work seems depressing, too late in the week and for sure someone has talked you into plans other than diving-what's the perfect day?

I'm working out bugs with the conditions reporting too, if you want to throw your details in there to help me catch more bugs, that is helpful too!

www.divebhb.com

:heart: the guide section! :)

No email is being generated to finish the subscription

Scuba_Jenny, do you do free guides or is it something you charge for to pay the bills? Just curious. If it's the latter, then you're living the dream :)

---------- Post added May 20th, 2014 at 02:05 PM ----------

I signed up.

Deeper Thoughts, it must be an isolated issue as others have signed up-I have it set to periodically send out this weeks email to new subscribers who joined since the once a week mail was sent out Sunday night, so I think anyone who signed up last night got the mail. If you PM me your email address I should be able to add it manually and it should generate the email for you to confirm. I'm sorry that it isn't working right for you!

Mr Chen Jenny charges for her time but it's so reasonable I've considered hiring her to just help me find cool stuff to photograph! More independent guides will be added later on, but I don't want to just list the staff of local dive shops, I wanted to provide independent guides. You should see more information such as her diving credentials pop up shortly.

Good to know, I think its an awesome way to make some extra cash.

Scuba_Jenny, do you do free guides or is it something you charge for to pay the bills? Just curious. If it's the latter, then you're living the dream :)

---------- Post added May 20th, 2014 at 02:05 PM ----------

I signed up.
As Jah Jah mentioned, I am now charging to guide. I decided to do it the right way and got my DM and insurance. It is a dream opportunity, but for anybody thinking about it. I will give you the same advice I was given.. don't plan on paying your bills with all the money you earn, you will have a lot of bills left over after the money is spent.
DM = Dive buM

---------- Post added May 20th, 2014 at 06:24 PM ----------

Oh, I scooted up to the bridge today and was rewarded with fantastic vis.. I dunno 50ft? The current was mild and plenty of critters to see. My camera died.. ugh.. Battery. Of course that's when I found about a dozen headshield slugs. Then I saw the most amazing thing. This thing was about 4" long, looked semi transparent, about the diameter of a hot dog, white. I thought it was a peanut worm.. but then I dunno.. I lifted it up with my muck stick and couldn't figure out if it was dead or not. All of a sudden a couple inches away an eel pops it's head up out of the sand. It was white or very light brown with brown splotches, not quite spots. The white thing started burying it self in the sand, and the eel dug under the sand, and went over to it and tried to bite it. Maybe eat it? the eel was very small, I don't think it was a whip eel though.. not a rounded enough nose.. Eventually both went below the sand..

Weird. An egg case maybe?

You ALWAYS see the coolest stuff when the camera dies. ALWAYS.

An egg case would not move. this thing buried itself in the sand. I could see another trail that it made earlier.. Looking forward to going back now to see if I can see it again.. yeah. right..
(my next planned dive at the bridge will be.. if everything schedules out the way it's planned.. #900!!!)

An egg case would not move. this thing buried itself in the sand. I could see another trail that it made earlier.. Looking forward to going back now to see if I can see it again.. yeah. right..
(my next planned dive at the bridge will be.. if everything schedules out the way it's planned.. #900!!!)
Oh, it moved on it's own?

Hmmm....I'm not seeing an entry in the Critter ID books for "ghosts".....

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom