Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right on both counts, of course. Just new to taking dive pictures and am sometimes intimidated by all the really great pictures that get posted here.

Next time I may see if I can get ScubaJenny to give me a guided tour:sly: Racing around on my own, I'm sure I didn't see half of what I should have with an hour's dive. It was definitely fun though, in spite of being yelled at by the lifeguard for coming up in the swimming area
Understand that most of us photographers stay down for 90-120 minutes, and may stay in one or two spots and take hundreds of shots of one subject. And some unnamed photographers have 2-3 spotters. Most of the time what you did was A LOT more fun! And yes Scuba_Jenny is a great guide.

traveler218, congrats on working on your troll status. I believe that one of must have/ must do to become a toll, getting yelled at by the lifeguard is on that list. :wink:

NOT that I would dare condone or encourage such erroneous behavior.
Certainly a requirement, especially if it is the cute girl. When she is there I always do my best to get yelled at. Bonus points?

Traveler, None of my friends scuba dive and so they like all my photos. I use a cheap camera and dive light in my other hand. Sometimes I get a nice shot.

---------- Post added December 29th, 2013 at 04:29 PM ----------

I did yard work and no divey. A shame.

Just new to taking dive pictures and am sometimes intimidated by all the really great pictures that get posted here.

Don't be intimidated! I got my first u/w camera in 2009. Here is the first sh pic I ever took at BHB. My niece teaches at an inner-city school in Chicago. These kids are so poor they couldn't afford a field trip to the aquarium, let alone ever see the ocean. Every time I post new pics she brings her laptop to class and shares with the kids. You never know what lives you might touch. "Scuba Board Post Worthy" or not, 99% of the population will never see what we see every time we put on a mask.

seahorse.jpg

traveler218, congrats on working on your troll status. I believe that onet of must have/ must do to become a toll, getting yelled at by the lifeguard is on that list.

Jenny is right. Getting yelled at by the lifeguard for sure, and thinking about your next dive as you are exiting the water.

... Something tells me you are already doing that, too. :wink:

Don't be intimidated! I got my first u/w camera in 2009. Here is the first sh pic I ever took at BHB. My niece teaches at an inner-city school in Chicago. These kids are so poor they couldn't afford a field trip to the aquarium, let alone ever see the ocean. Every time I post new pics she brings her laptop to class and shares with the kids. You never know what lives you might touch. "Scuba Board Post Worthy" or not, 99% of the population will never see what we see every time we put on a mask.

View attachment 174331

Jenny is right. Getting yelled at by the lifeguard for sure, and thinking about your next dive as you are exiting the water.

... Something tells me you are already doing that, too. :wink:

I was thinking about when I could schedule my next BHB dive before I even headed for shore :D:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

traveler218, congrats on working on your troll status. I believe that onet of must have/ must do to become a toll, getting yelled at by the lifeguard is on that list. :wink:

NOT that I would dare condone or encourage such erroneous behavior.

Guess, I ain't never gonna make it, then. For some reason, all the lifeguards are really nice to me(us), one even came over and gave us a copy of "Under the Bridge" to check out ... great book, my wife ordered it the next day.

Went solo today, and after admiring the mess a couple of Rays made, digging up a sandstorm, I finally got around to checking out the 'Eastside'. Interesting ...

Guess, I ain't never gonna make it, then. For some reason, all the lifeguards are really nice to me(us), one even came over and gave us a copy of "Under the Bridge" to check out ... great book, my wife ordered it the next day.

I'm thinking it's OK to snorkel in the swim area. And, they figger you ain't never gonna see much of the really cool stuff til you get yerself of bottle of air, so they felt sorry for you and showed you the pitcher book. :D

But, I'm very happy to hear that some of the lifeguards are aware of what's there. The ones I've talked to seemed clueless about what lives down there.

I'm thinking it's OK to snorkel in the swim area. And, they figger you ain't never gonna see much of the really cool stuff til you get yerself of bottle of air, so they felt sorry for you and showed you the pitcher book. :D

But, I'm very happy to hear that some of the lifeguards are aware of what's there. The ones I've talked to seemed clueless about what lives down there.

Hey, a couple of times I dived my ass off, right in front of the post, Cudas to chase, nice Stingray ... One of the guys just asked me what I saw, that close to shore.

Hey, a couple of times I dived my ass off, right in front of the post, Cudas to chase, nice Stingray ... One of the guys just asked me what I saw, that close to shore.

I think the prohibition is on *breathing* whilst diving; you can't have yer regulator in yer mouth. That was my first attempt at using a semi-colon. I don't care for them.

Yep. snorkels only in the swim area. I *think* you could get away with the reg in your mouth as long as you remain on the surface...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom