Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BHB122713 049.jpgBHB122713 050.jpgBHB122713 026.jpgBHB122713 103.jpg
Pics from Friday and Saturday.

Are the first two Bristleworms?

Did see a Pipefish and Jawfish with eggs.

No regulators in the swim area? Sounds crazy! We have surface air breathers in the dive area. Still sounds crazy. I'm glad the guards are there to watch out for the little kids and us big kids. I'll have to do more mean stuff to get yelled at by the guards; I didn't know that getting yelled at by the guards was a status symbol. I guess I haven't "arrived" yet! :eyebrow:

Yep. snorkels only in the swim area. I *think* you could get away with the reg in your mouth as long as you remain on the surface...

Nope, he told me to surface swim out of they area and then yelled at me again to take the regulator out of my mouth.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

Quite confusing, all this ... Think, I'll just ask the lifeguard next time around. Would be funny, if their answer started with "I think, ..."

On a different note, one 'interesting' pic from yesterday ...

PICT0388aa.jpg

Got a few of him even though flash was dying... Was able to do a Photoshop rescue with some color distortion. Thanks Jenny!
PICT0112_2.jpg

You are quite welcome! Glad we got to meet and dive! Fun stuff!

View attachment 174379View attachment 174380
Pics from Friday and Saturday.

Are the first two Bristleworms?

They are. That reminds me of how things change over time as far as what we see at the bridge. When I first started diving the bridge, a smaller version of bristleworm was one of the most common critters to come across. In recent times, I haven't seen all that many of them. And, back then. before I had run across one of these bigger ones, I was amazed watching a video someone posted of one of the larger ones. Lately, I seem to see more of the larger ones. They move *much* faster, and I typically see them ganging up on dead and dying large chunks of fish meat.

BTW, my doubles partner lives near Clemson in Seneca. He ain't right, either. :)

I need to get wet!
Take a shower!!:dork2:

---------- Post added December 30th, 2013 at 09:45 PM ----------

Mr Chen...is there a night dive this week?

Pura Vida has one listed on their facebook events page for January 14th. I looked at Force E's events as well--no night dive at BHB listed.

---------- Post added December 30th, 2013 at 09:50 PM ----------

my doubles partner

I see "doubles", I'm thinkin' doubles man; as in WHY doubles at BHB? Although I've seen folks use doubles there..............oops, wrong sportlike activity! MY bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom