Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first time at BHB about a week ago. Very enjoyable, despite the Sat/Sun crowds. This was part of the Reef Photo Macro class, which I found to be very informative and helpful. However, I have not encountered many of the creatures so my IDs are a little rusty. I thought I would try here, but I can also post in the "Name That Critter" forum if that's more appropriate. Here are my guesses:

102 - tiny ass crab :)
113 - Juvenile Cocoa Damselfish (but could be a Beaugregory?)
144 - Courting Male Hairy Blenny

My Blenny IDs are very, very rusty as I have not encountered them often.

After I get the gallery finished and uploaded, I will post the links.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• bhb-102.jpg
    bhb-102.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 98
  • bhb-113.jpg
    bhb-113.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 91
  • bhb-144.jpg
    bhb-144.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 90
https://www.google.com/search?q=Mal...89,d.dmQ&fp=9e2f77c666991a99&biw=1280&bih=735

My first time at BHB about a week ago. Very enjoyable, despite the Sat/Sun crowds. This was part of the Reef Photo Macro class, which I found to be very informative and helpful. However, I have not encountered many of the creatures so my IDs are a little rusty. I thought I would try here, but I can also post in the "Name That Critter" forum if that's more appropriate. Here are my guesses:

102 - tiny ass crab :)
113 - Juvenile Cocoa Damselfish (but could be a Beaugregory?)
144 - Courting Male Hairy Blenny

My Blenny IDs are very, very rusty as I have not encountered them often.

After I get the gallery finished and uploaded, I will post the links.

Thanks for any help!

We went today--viz pretty good--for a short time--I'll get to that later. Temp 81F. Lots of critters spotted including Striated Frogfish and a tiny Sharptail Eel in a bottle. Viz was about 25-30 until a large Coast Guard vessel started working on the channel markers--mucked it up something fierce--we started to go east, but were blocked by a wall of sludge moving on the incoming tide. Turned west and were ok until we got out to the west wall and the viz somewhat caught up with us--it was down to 12 to 15 ft by then--which is when we got to see the froggie. I stayed a minute after everyone else in the group had left and saw the FF eat a fish--the meal was fairly large for the smallish froggie--maybe one fifth of the froggie size. This was a striated ff and WORKING it's lure--froggie opened mouth and that was it--blink of an eye!!

So no luck on anyone finding a dive knife on west side since Sat night, anyone????
John

So no luck on anyone finding a dive knife on west side since Sat night, anyone????
John

John - You probably already did this but just in case ... did you call Force E to see if someone turned it in? When I found that expensive dive light I posted here and then left it with them.

John

If it was findable today would have been the day. I've been diving the east side lately so can't help out on
the lost items on west side. Force-E seems to be the temporary lost and found of some items that have been
lost at the bridge. Viz today was approaching 40 ft early on in the dive and dropped off just a bit toward the
end. Temps a nice comfy 81-82 degrees.

They are - with water.

That and sand, critters, and who knows what else...

---------- Post added June 26th, 2013 at 05:25 PM ----------

It might be worth calling Pura Vida too, you never know if someone rented their tanks there and just left it with them.

Their number is (561) 840-8750

---------- Post added June 26th, 2013 at 05:25 PM ----------

If it was findable today would have been the day. I've been diving the east side lately so can't help out on
the lost items on west side. Force-E seems to be the temporary lost and found of some items that have been
lost at the bridge. Viz today was approaching 40 ft early on in the dive and dropped off just a bit toward the
end. Temps a nice comfy 81-82 degrees.

You're making me hate the fact that I'm stuck at work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom