Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went last night and saw multiple seahorses, pipefish, and the cutest little scorpionfish all within a few minutes. When we signed in, Force E had 56 folks on the list, so it was a little crowded but ok, viz started about 25 and the temperature was 79F on my Suunto thruout the dive.........another nice dive at BHB!!

When we checked in was told 65 divers. At one point we turned our lights off. Very sci fi looking with all the lights moving about and peolle apearing to be floating.

I went Friday night and met up with Jimw and DiveDimaDM plus 1 (not sure if Joanne has an account here).

They warned me the dive would be at a slow pace and boy they weren't kidding! It was great though and going slow like that really increased my bottom time. I hit 114 minutes on a steel 100 and walked out with 1100 psi left in my tank. There wasn't as much night action as I hoped, probably because it was more of a twilight dive than a night dive. I really appreciated them letting me join their group. The highlight of the night was a barracuda which swam about 2 feet in front of me at eye level. I didn't have my camera ready and I didn't want to scare it away, so I just sat still and took in the moment.

I actually learned quite a bit on the dive. This was my 16th dive, 12th at the bridge. There were people with some of the worst diving skills I've ever seen and they were kicking up quite a bit of sand off the bottom. I struggled with getting my buoyancy just right (we are not talking anything major, just a finger poke here or there to stay off the bottom when I got to close) for the first 30 minutes (maybe needed to drop a pound or 2), but once I got just the right short burst of air in my bladder, I was set. I remained horizontal the entire dive with my knees bent to lift my fins up. I'm conscience of not mucking up the water, mostly from reading here and diving how I was taught in my OW/AOW classes. These others had no etiquette whatsoever and probably didn't even know they were killing our viz.

We went out to diner afterwards to a very interesting place (Brass Ring). I would not have ever stopped there on my own, the place didn't draw anyone there for how the building looked. But the parking lot was full and the food was good. I drove by the next day around lunch when I dropped off my tank and the parking lot was still full. Popular place.

Here's a couple of pictures which turned out half way decent, which only means they focused well. I'm using a P&S Cannon SD1000, no lights. I even lost my diffuser (well, my dive buddy probably did). So please excuse the lack of color :).

IMG_0324.jpgIMG_0332.jpgIMG_0336.jpgIMG_0349.jpgIMG_0367.jpgIMG_0368.jpgIMG_0379.jpgIMG_0382.jpgIMG_0385.jpgIMG_0407.jpgIMG_0408.jpgIMG_0372.jpg

Chris

:coffee:Apparently... Maybe it was a chainmail snake eel...

Apparently.. :blinky:
Sorry.. I see all too many times the sharptail eel incorrectly referred to as a snake eel..

Hey gang, had 4 great fives starting Friday night thru Sunday morning.
Saw lots and will post pictures later.
I lost my dive knife somewhere on the West side Sat night.
It is a stiletto style with black handle and fairly useless without the sporasub sheath.
Anyone finds it would appreciate the heads up.
Maybe returning someone's brand new go pro they dropped near us this morning will help Karma wise!
Thanks.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom