Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going out to dive the bridge on Saturday with a dive club I joined up here in Orlando and I was curious what the water temp is there this time of year. I have a shorty, diveskin, and rash guard available for the choosing, what do most of you guys wear?

Hey everyone!

I actually dove Phil Foster today and saw that weird sand burrowing fish today as well. Pretty cool animal. Im not sure on the water temp as my PDC was saying 90* for some reason, but it is warm enough to swim in with just a bathing suit. HOWEVER, moon jelly were all over today, and by all over I mean at least 200 of various sizes. With that said, I'd wear a wetsuit

I'm going out to dive the bridge on Saturday with a dive club I joined up here in Orlando and I was curious what the water temp is there this time of year. I have a shorty, diveskin, and rash guard available for the choosing, what do most of you guys wear?
was about 86 F yesterday but I'd wear as much protection as possible because of the moon jellys.:)

Hey everyone!

I actually dove Phil Foster today and saw that weird sand burrowing fish today as well. Pretty cool animal. Im not sure on the water temp as my PDC was saying 90* for some reason, but it is warm enough to swim in with just a bathing suit. HOWEVER, moon jelly were all over today, and by all over I mean at least 200 of various sizes. With that said, I'd wear a wetsuit
If the fish looked like it had "fingers" by the pectorals it was likely a sea robin. They can get over a foot long. here is an image I took recently Blue Heron Bridge Sea robin a.jpg

Could have also been a star gazer (no good images yet)

HOWEVER, moon jelly were all over today, and by all over I mean at least 200 of various sizes. With that said, I'd wear a wetsuit

Bummer... I hope all the jellyfish are gone before we come down at the end of the month.
I already have had my share of stings to last me.

---
- Worst day out on the water is better than the best day at work.

It was definitely a star gazer and the jellyfish weren't much of a bother with a wetsuit until one got too close and when i pushed it away, apparently some of the cnidocytes fell off onto me and felt like a couple ants were biting my ears. Just pay attention when you rising to the surface, otherwise they're easy to avoid

was about 86 F yesterday but I'd wear as much protection as possible because of the moon jellys.:)

That's mostly what I was worried about was jellyfish of some sort. I'll definitely wear my diveskin then. 86 is plenty warm for me being from Michigan originally, so I'll probably just wear that and board shorts.

That's mostly what I was worried about was jellyfish of some sort. I'll definitely wear my diveskin then. 86 is plenty warm for me being from Michigan originally, so I'll probably just wear that and board shorts.

Today was 86 degrees again. Jellies all over. I would wear a thin hood if you had it. I got stung anywhere I had exposed skin. Not terrible, it felt like fire-ants stings, but uncomfortable nonetheless.

The visibility was better than I have ever seen there, it was a great day today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom