Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha Sportxlh must think Im begging, well I am.:D
I've read so much about the posts and seen the pictures here on Scubaboard and I'd like to dive the BHB when I travel to Miami next week.
Is there a group of BHB trolls that I could join? Week days, weekend whatever. I'm on vacation and I want to dive.

Thanks

We are probably going Monday the 22nd of August, high slack tide is 3:11pm. Will you be in the area then?? jimw and divedivadm We usually go during the week to avoid a crowd. We dove there on the 16th and in Key Largo on the 17th and 18th--moon jellys in all locations, but only very near the surface, no effect on me using skins and a hoodlet, my wife had the same and got a couple minor stings.

jellies from the 16th

IMG_0827.jpgIMG_0829.jpg

Yesterday......Chopped up jellies do not make for a happy diver! Dropped in about 1.5hr. before high. 1st hr. ok. Then as it neared high and I was near the channel west and close to the pilings, it was "Sting City." My whole face was on fire from the chopped up jellies. Turned east and eventully left the water letting the jellies have their way. On the upside, I did LBTS in the morning and the jellies there were almost completely gone. Shoulda stayed for a second dive.

I wear skins and a hood and have been unaffected by moon jellys in Jupiter, at BHB, and in Key Largo. But in Key Largo last week a guy had some fairly serious looking marks on him from jellies, apparently the central parts inside the bell did this. He was diving with just shorts on. The short tentacles around the margin of the bell produce a little sting for some people. As I was getting out at the bridge, I felt the bell of 1 felt one move against the back of my calf, amazing that they are big enough to feel their mass. Give us a bridge report Friday as we plan to go on Monday.

Hello all....

I'm a PNW diver with 300+ dives since being recertified a few years ago. I've been diving solo mostly this past year and a half. I'll be visiting Jupiter/Palm Beach the week of Oct. 10. I'm really looking forward to diving this site. Where would one go to rent a tank for the week, weights and perhaps a pony bottle?? How do you predict the currents around this bridge? Would I be ok with just my 3mm full wetsuit that time of year? Any other special issues with diving this site?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Hello all....

I'm a PNW diver with 300+ dives since being recertified a few years ago. I've been diving solo mostly this past year and a half. I'll be visiting Jupiter/Palm Beach the week of Oct. 10. I'm really looking forward to diving this site. Where would one go to rent a tank for the week, weights and perhaps a pony bottle?? How do you predict the currents around this bridge? Would I be ok with just my 3mm full wetsuit that time of year? Any other special issues with diving this site?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

There are two dive shops very close: Force E on Blue Heron Blvd. just west and Pura Vida on Singer Island to the east. Both have all the rental gear you need. You can also arrange boat dives with either if that is also on your agenda that week.

You should be fine with a full 3. Check out Jammin' Beach Presents Florida Shore Diving Gives you good information about the park, various dives and also tide tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom