Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MB:
If things keep going like they have been so far, there won't be much teasing about their trim. Now Gerald's nose is another matter...

NO!! You CAN'T let Tanya be a better diver than me right out of the gate!!! Do you KNOW how many years I've waited for the chance to pick on her about something? :D (Glad you're taking good care of her).

As for G, I hear he had a hot poker take care of that issue. (Ouch).

Thank you to all the fine folks of Southern Florida and Scubaboard who inspired me to do this dive! I dove BHB Monday June 13th and I will definitely be back. My gear didn't arrive on my plane so I rented and therefore have no pictures but I did see Octopii (3 or 4) and a frogfish (which I happily spotted with my newbie eyes before my dive buddies did) and the largest hermit crab I've ever even heard of, much less seen. Also a lot of other great finds but those were the biggies for me. Lots of cushion stars, which I hadn't ever seen before, and some sort of spider looking crabs/shrimp???, tons of them. Very cool dive! Next time I'm within 3 hours drive of this place, I'll plan to dive it.

I want to thank the trolls and Florida Conch Divers for the fun-n-sun Sunday at BHB. I had a great dive, some great food, and a great time with some great people. I am new to the group so hope to get to know more of you, and do A LOT more diving. Cheers!

Thank you to all the fine folks of Southern Florida and Scubaboard who inspired me to do this dive! I dove BHB Monday June 13th and I will definitely be back. My gear didn't arrive on my plane so I rented and therefore have no pictures but I did see Octopii (3 or 4) and a frogfish (which I happily spotted with my newbie eyes before my dive buddies did) and the largest hermit crab I've ever even heard of, much less seen. Also a lot of other great finds but those were the biggies for me. Lots of cushion stars, which I hadn't ever seen before, and some sort of spider looking crabs/shrimp???, tons of them. Very cool dive! Next time I'm within 3 hours drive of this place, I'll plan to dive it.

I know the crab and yea that thing is a monster I saw the shell and thought it was cool and when I went in for a closer look I got a bit of a surprise heh and slightly increased air consumption for a few :D

yea my tank strap came lose shortly after we got in the water. Pathfndr tried to fix it but that was the best he could do under water and I wasn't about to get out to fix that if it was secure heh
Yeah I noticed his buckle came loose and I tried to get his tank right but I didn't want to put it too high because I didn't want him banging his head.

It was a nice day; great seeing old friends and meeting so many new!!!!

Many thanks are due......

*to all the early arrivals for assisting in snagging some party space
*To everyone who made all the extra efforts to bring such yummy homemade foods (whoever brought those oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip cookies, you're my new best friend)
**Extra thanks to darianis (Tony) for manning the grill getting those burgers through!!! Noone loves hanging over the grill in the heat, and I know for certain that Jim appreciates a break from being the grillmeister.
*To pathfndr for dragging the flag....one of my less favorite tasks, so great big thanks for pulling it around!
*To Jim, for always being the organizer extraordinairre......he really knows how to get a party going!

Also, deepstops and splitlip, I really have to speak up for darianis.........it was his first dive after cert., and I was VERY impressed. He looked more comfortable than I did at 100 dives. Big thumbs up to him and his instructor......................looking forward to lots more dives with him!
To everyone that helped set this up THANK YOU! It was a blast!
KBeck - I don't mind pulling the flag at all. I have the theory that the flag puller is never lost, so even when I am lost I have the flag so I'm not really lost. lol
Darianis did awesome for his 1st time out after Cert. Really good buoyancy and your trim will be good once you get your tank to stay put lol. One thing you may want to practice is not finning with your hands so much. Your air consumption will drop and it will help you feel more relaxed.

Splitlip:
A little birdie told me there was jello wrestling. IJS
Yeah there was but CoolTech lost because of his bum knee.
:shocked:

some sort of spider looking crabs/shrimp???
I think the ones you are talking about are Arrow Crabs. There were a lot of them.

Well, I'm about to go through knee surgery... I might need a refresher class after being out of the water for so long!

Good luck with the knee surgery and I hope you make a fast recovery.

Some more underwater shots from Sunday:

Spanish Hogfish
20110620121231-6a09d75a.jpg

Burr fish
20110620120821-6a46e6d1.jpg

Oh, for a cast net
20110620120815-147e1798.jpg

This little guy is certainly going through a "phase"
20110620120811-52208c66.jpg

Chopped up Spadefish (rookie behind the lens!)
20110620121226-4f198d43.jpg

Blenny that appeared to be stuck in that hole
20110620121221-7b7c7b54.jpg

Who can name 3 of the 4 types of fish seen in this photo?
20110620121204-99901971.jpg

Juvenile Highhat
20110620121036-a7f4fef1.jpg

Common Octopus
20110620120838-61a8fab4.jpg

I know I was not the only one there with a camera on Sunday! I know there were lots of topside pictures taken. Where are they people?

Excellent pics

I'll be down in boca in mid august till december, would def like to attend one of these parties!
I'm also looking for general dive buddies/mentors starting in mid august- if interested send me a pm/add me to your friends list and I will contact you closer to mid august!

I would like to Thank Jim and Krista for their wonderful hospitality. Opening their home for Carolyn and myself to stay for the night, showing us the area of BHB and surrounding area and going out for supper. Words just don't seem enough to Thank all the Trolls for a wonderful day.
I so much enjoyed meeting all of you at BHB. I will be back again next year and very much looking forward to it. Everyone made me feel very welcome there.
With being out of the water for so long and my disability, I see I have a lot to work on this summer. So when I am back down there next summer, it will be much easier for me.
I still was able to full fill most of my dream with coming down to the South. Being able to dive in the ocean, site seeing and meeting wonderful people.
Jim I will keep you in my Prayers with your knee surgery. I Pray for a very speedy recovery.
I have a ton of land pictures from Sunday. I will be posting them soon. I just got home this evening around 8 pm, so I will working on downloading them and posting them in the next day or two at the latest. That was a very long ride. I enjoyed the ride but also glad it is done too. lol
How is the water temp in April or May? Hopefully like it was on Sunday. I think when I come back down next year, if not before, I am thinking a little bit earlier in the year so as not so hot.
Thank you all again for a wonderful fun time at BHB and Florida. God Bless You All. :)
Karen

...As for G, I hear he had a hot poker take care of that issue. (Ouch).

Keep that in mind for that Jim guy. You can always claim the hot poker will heal an errant hemorrhoid ... :kiss2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom