Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI everyone.
icosm14.gif

It is getting closer to the Dive Party and all the Festivities. I know I am so much looking forward to October to be able to meet everyone and being able to dive with you. Have some wonderful memories for years to come.

Last edited:
Heteroconger longissimus

Any ideas on what type of garden eel?
Jim, Deb, anyone???

Ran into one of those on my most recent trip, same yellow spots. Have recently been sharing some emails with one of the marine biology "experts". He says the yellow spots are standard, though not always "conspicuous" on the garden (pun intended) variety brown garden eel, Heteroconger longissimus. Sez he's into "bar coding" fish via DNA stuff. Way over my head. He seems real smart. :D

Kevin

IMG_1510wa.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Lake Park marina is about 1/4 mile away and has a launch ramp....it would be easy.

It struck me as being just *so* goofy to go looking elsewhere for a "launch ramp" in order to get to the place with launch ramps that I broke down and sent an email to

Public Information Services
It Starts in Parks!

to see what the real deal is. So far, I've only gotten the "auto-response". I'll try to remember to keep you posted.

I was gonna just purchase a thirty five dollar season "permit" for my boat trailer, but my kayak-to-be ain't gonna have no dern trailer. *And*, the permit application sez you gotta have the number off the trailer's license plate or yer stuck in the application process endless loop.

Kevin

Were you in the champagne Hyundai? My daughter and I were in the red escape next to you I believe.

There were a number of silters today and a couple of people spearing, they split when one of the park employees was notified and said something to them

I drive a red Mazda Tribute SUV. I'm usually there with my husband jimw.

Had a very interesting phone conversation with the nice fellow from the West Palm Beach parks service. I'll summarize and say that those folks are totally reasonable and leave it at that.

Kevin

"It struck me as being just *so* goofy to go looking elsewhere for a "launch ramp" in order to get to the place with launch ramps that I broke down and sent an email to

Public Information Services
It Starts in Parks!

to see what the real deal is. So far, I've only gotten the "auto-response". I'll try to remember to keep you posted."

I have 2 questions that i can think of off the top of my head... dive party that medflame mentioned? and anyone have suggestions on best use of the gopro hero2 at BHB? meaning is there a way for it to do macro? maybe with diy lens attachment?

Skipped out of work early today to catch the midday high. In spite of the swimmers and snorkelers and boats overhead, and classes and rude people and bottom crawlers below, there is still something so magical about that place! Conditions were perfect: just a little current, viz 30+ feet, warm clear blue water and critters galore. I wanted to be stressed by all the knuckleheads but I just couldn't be. It was too wonderful.

So to the lady who told us pre-dive that "maybe someday you will save up enough money to buy real cameras" I say Bite Me.

8-231.jpg8-234.jpg8-237.jpg8-239.jpg

"So to the lady who told us pre-dive that "maybe someday you will save up enough money to buy real cameras" I say Bite Me."
:D:D:D Shoulda said: It is the Indian, not the arrow you dumb-ass!
Very nice shots Jet!
Finally found a (large) yellow headed jaw fish (at the bridge) last weekend and what a player, great stuff!!!!
John

Menage

IMG_3936wa.jpg

All the pics I've seen similar to this had fishies what wuz a lot purtier than sand perches. :depressed:

I was on my way down this cool slope that somebody showed me, making sure about which direction it faced. Only took me three tries to get the dive started today. Force E saved the day.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom