Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few pics from the last few days............

Yesterday we saw a little spotted eel take a bite out of an octo--before the octo got sushied we were watching it and wondered if it was well. The eel beat a hasty retreat. This pic is about a quarter second after the teeth action! I saw a porcupinefish in one of the new structures and all the rocks have "fuzz" on'em hence feeding activity..........I wonder if jet and I shot the same 2 critters?? Probably! And if they were the designated models for Thursday?? IMG_2213.JPGIMG_2200.jpgIMG_2183.jpgIMG_2172.jpgIMG_2165.jpgIMG_2163.JPGIMG_2148.jpgIMG_2092.jpg

I wonder if jet and I shot the same 2 critters??

East side? Great stuff!

Kevin

---------- Post Merged at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:58 AM ----------

IMG_3878wa.jpgIMG_4369wb.jpgIMG_4338wa.jpgIMG_4264wa.jpgIMG_4221wa pikebob.jpgIMG_4219wa trips.jpgIMG_4143wa.jpgIMG_4128wa.jpgIMG_4094wb.jpgIMG_4042wa.jpgIMG_4004wa hopper.jpgIMG_3960wa.jpgIMG_3879wb.jpgIMG_4383wa intermediate.jpg

From yesterday. Don't know what the "hopper" is (he's also inside the bottle). Three different phases of the young buffalo trunk fish showed up - the eldest one twice. More at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mentalblock/sets/72157631223467932/

Heading back over now. . .

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_4248wb.jpg
    IMG_4248wb.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 167
Looks like the west side from a couple of those characters.....

A real greenie

Anyone going tomorrow?

I'll be on my last day of the trip tomorrow. Yer welcome to join me, but I'll be entering about three hours prior to high tide - and I'm boring to dive with. :D

Today's dive was less exciting than yesterday's, but I did finally see a "greenie" - about five inches long.

Passed some more of the "snorkel rocks" today. Some pretty big piles with some excellent hiding places. Saw a queen angelfish in amongst them today.

The viz was decent before the storm started, but with lots of particulates. Still don't completely understand all the ins and outs of the current. Straight out (south) from the west beach area is no problem once into slightly deeper water, but I tried to head over toward the bridge/west channel earlier than usual and was very much surprised at how fast the current was, even in the deeper water. Ended up just stabbing my metal "screw" into the sand about 30 yards south of the area between the second and third piers from the beach. *Could* have been storm related, as it calmed down surprisingly quickly whilst I hung there and watched the cool critters.

Kevin

IMG_4633wa.jpgIMG_4649wa.jpgIMG_4672wa.jpg

Hmmm. . . Am I detecting new rounds of froggie hordage??

Kevin

No froggie hoarding. In fact, at the risk of sounding like an elitist, I have to say that although it's a rare dive to NOT see a seahorse those darn frogs elude me more often than not. Just don't have frog mojo.

Me and my diving buddies will be there around 2:30-3:00 tom. We will be coming in a black Toyota SUV. Hopefully the visibility will be clear. Say hello if anyone is there.

Looks like the west side from a couple of those characters.....

It's both east and west and in between...........The frog was on the west wall--gone now!!

---------- Post Merged at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Saw this little guy on an octo.IMG_2251.jpgWe saw the octo the last 2 days about halfway down to the west wall on the south side under a rectangular piece of debris. Small spotted eel a few feet away--the same eel that took a taste of the octo a few days ago................

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom