Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cute little fish

It's both east and west and in between...........The frog was on the west wall--gone now!!

---------- Post Merged at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Saw this little guy on an octo.View attachment 133676We saw the octo the last 2 days about halfway down to the west wall on the south side under a rectangular piece of debris. Small spotted eel a few feet away--the same eel that took a taste of the octo a few days ago................

Well, I *tried* to "like" the cute flatworm, but this merging stuff has generated horrific confusion in my mind concerning "likes".

Oh, and other than the one foray into the dangerous east side, I can't remember the last time I found a seahorse, either.

Oh, and whilst hunting for the sailfin blennies yesterday - which seem now to have changed hangouts - I ran across a little fishy which I hadn't seen before. Too lazy to lug my Humann on trips. . .

IMG_4805wa.jpgIMG_4806wa.jpgIMG_4804wa.jpg

I'm surmising that the reason for neighborhood change *could* be due to simple embarrassment.

Kevin

IMG_4788wa fireworm tryst.jpg

Last edited:
Please everyone Becareful. I will be keeping you all in my Prayers as that hurricane comes ashore.

Pretty green outfit

Anyone up for a "Hurricane dive" today or Sunday ?

I certainly have nothing better to do today. Looks to me like the sun could be out by my 1 P.M. target entry time. Would be fun to finally meet you in person. I'll be out front somewhere on the west side with a camera and a yellow pony and a rented, Force E regulator. :D

Kevin

IMG_4729wa.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:41 AM ----------

IMG_4681wa.jpg

Had wondered why I sometimes see huge helmet conchs in this area and then find no sign of them at others. Apparently they're pretty good diggers. Or, maybe this one died and some caring diver tried to bury it.

Kevin

Had wondered why I sometimes see huge helmet conchs in this area and then find no sign of them at others. Apparently they're pretty good diggers. Or, maybe this one died and some caring diver tried to bury it.
Kevin

The do have a tendency to bury themselves and come out at night. I saw a huge one on a night dive in early August:
[video=youtube_share;T1DYAV6Iksg]http://youtu.be/T1DYAV6Iksg[/video]

Not to be a stickler but I don't think it's a hurricane yet, though it has kept me as busy as the real thing.
Speaking of Helmet conchs, weird but I've seen quite a few lately. Must be the season.
Interesting behavior, (I wish I could have caught on film) I found a very large mantis shrimp with three varied sized freshly eaten helmet conch shells around his burrow.
I didn't know they preyed on conchs but this one clearly had a preference. I've seen the same with octopus burrows having 8 or 9 fighting conch shells, but no other types of conchs so clearly a preference. Brand loyalty I guess....
Kev- Sorry I couldn't make it up but maybe next trip. Three hours before high tide really, madness!
John

Looks like a juvenile chalk bass. Nice find.

Thanks, Jenny. :D Google pics seem to be mostly limited to aquaria shots. Saw him again today in the same spot. Very approachable. Surprisingly good dive today. Viz was fine. In at 12:47, out at 4:30. :D About to be time for new strobe batteries - or some discretion in taking shots.

Kevin

sweet.. was actually thinking of going up today but then took a much needed nap iinstead.

Fringed one

sweet.. was actually thinking of going up today but then took a much needed nap instead.

Considering starting my second one of the day. :D But, may be too excited about getting to some of today's pics.

I'm a sucker for these filefish, but I'd never seen one turn himself orange or pink. This guy was doing it deftly, today, depending on whether he swam close to orange or pink sponge. Well, he wasn't *perfect* at it. . .

Kevin

IMG_4950wa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom