Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang It! All these cool critter pics and I have to wait another 13 days until my next BHB dive!!!!! UUGGHHHHHHHH :banghead:

AADBS - I think we have a new diagnosable "disorder".

I'm heading up tomorrow morning. I have intel that could take me west, south or east. Already, with 24 hours to go, I'm feeling overwhelmed about how much there is to see.

Here are a couple pics from Sunday's dive.....a batfish with his "Lure?" out....and some weird egg looking things....

DSC_5159_sm.jpg

DSC_5181_sm.jpg

It does look alot like the striped burrfishbut I have shots from above that show the dark spots on top that the striped burrfish doesn't have.

Thanks, if you get a chance to post I would like to see what you mean.
The photo in the Human book shows a lattice like web pattern visible on the face, but maybe I have seen them and just didn't know.
John

Going through more of the shots from Friday. No doubt, at this point, that it was best dive *ever*. My routing is to go through the shots in Canon's "Digital Photo Professional" software that allows me to do a "click" to get reasonable "white balance" on any potential "keepers" prior to going to Photoshop in order to do "most" of the post-processing. It's looking like it could be *weeks* before I ever get to Photoshop. *Everything* seems to be a "keeper" from that dive. I'm just wallowing in pure joy going through this stuff, wishing someone who could appreciate were here with me as I do it. :D OK. Here's a few of a scalp (not scallop) massage.

As to the video, I just don't know. Will be interesting to see how video evolves on the web. Just seems to be an *awful* lot of *work*. I don't think I "like" work. :D

Kevin

View attachment 118878View attachment 118879View attachment 118880

Well Kevin it was your birthday after all....
Glad we got so lucky, that was the most squatties I've seen in one spot.
Will post some vid or pics when I have time.
John

Oh my gosh, what a cute pic! I know it's not supposed to be "cute" but there are a bunch of smilie faces in that photo!

are they "not fighting?"

Jenny from my video review they appear to be fighting, they were a cantankerous bunch.
Funny some would siddle up to another one without issue, others they would take immediate offense and start wrestling.
I can give you a good location if you want to pm me.
John

Here are a couple pics from Sunday's dive.....a batfish with his "Lure?" out....
DSC_5159_sm.jpg

You photoshopped that "lure" in there, didn't you? :D Had no idea they had that as part of their anatomy. Pretty cool.

Kevin

Beautiful dawn dive with Jim this morning. Temp 77 with viz easily 60+ feet. Lots of octopus, including these two who were very close together and had a "just smoked a cigarette" look about them. If you know what I'm saying.

Besides the usual we also saw a spotted eagle ray, a small southern ray and this huge school of jacks. They let Jim swim right into the middle of them.

Night divers: you're in for a treat. Conditions couldn't be better!

octo.jpg octo2.jpg jim&jacks2.jpg Jim&jacks.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom