Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
99 minutes of bliss today. The Viz was easily 60 plus and water was 78. The current was very mild and there were lots of web burrfish to play with today.
The seaweed blennies seemed particularly playful today.

Seaweed Blenny
Blue Heron Bridge Seaweed Blenny.jpg

I also saw this purplemouth moray

Purplemouth Moray
Blue Heron Bridge Purplemouth Moray.jpg

Web Burrfish
Blue Heron Bridge Web Burrfish.jpg

Lots more nice images today that I'll post later. Hope everyone else enjoyed today's dive as much as I did.

Dusky vs. Banded

Guess I'll just have to collect some DNA - or ask Rob Myer(s?).

Kevin

Based on info from Steven Kovacs yesterday, I'm thinking that the guy with the mouth eggs is a Banded, and the one pictured here - significantly smaller than the Banded, is a Dusky. Ran into him on the way back to dry land on Wednesday.

Kevin

IMG_9054wa.jpg

pennies

Thanks! :) Going to experiment with adding another +2 of diopterness today. No housing, yet, for my microscope.

Kevin

This was the range I would have been limited to with that setup - if I hadn't also kept the wet diopter in place - but I did (another +2?). Perfect day for it, though, as my new hero, John Casey (Biminitwist) took me on an unbelievable tour, finding all kinds of stuff I'd never seen before (but had wanted to), and they were nearly all the perfect size for my setup. As I told him after the dive, it was absolute sensory overload. All the critters even behaved well for their photo sessions. Actually, I didn't even have time to get *to* all the things he found for me. I'll now have months of post-processing to keep me busy and (possibly) out of trouble. This bridge has some *serious* talent hanging around under it. To top off a fabulous day, I got to spend the rest of the evening with some of my other bridge heroes, Patrice Marker, Rob Myers, and Steven Kovacs. Only now starting to get to the pics. . . Hoping to meet the eagle-eyed better half of John for my last dive today - if I can talk my daughter into sticking around long enough after picking them up from the airport.

Kevin

IMG_4179wa.jpgIMG_4182wa.jpg

Thanks Kev. Really wanted to produce for your Birthday dive at the bridge.
Tragically now I'm another 165 minutes further into the black hole of terrific unedited video!
Highlights: the fighting squat lobster colony, posturing pike blennies and more tiny octos than I could count.

Jim: from that shot it looks like a striped burrfish, I'm still seeking the webbed......

Anne- thanks for the id on my Moon Snail, was great meeting you.

John

LOST :-( Left my Tusa mask at bridge. Looked at the picnic table near playground & it was all clear so maybe it fell off onto the sand. Easy to know it's mine as my reading glasses are attached!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom