Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sensory overload

IMG_4591wa.jpg

Still way too much sensory and information overload, but I do know that I *am* particularly happy with this guy. :D Thanks, again, Mr. Casey. (Biminitwist)

Kevin

Miss Anne

Nice to meet you in person, John, and keep those fantastic videos coming, I especially love the mollusks in action!

*I'll* teach you not to pose for me. :D I *am* gonna buy yer book, though. Gotta know what those things feed on in order for my old eyes to have a shot at finding them.

KevinIMG_4264wa.jpg

Kevin-
Great picture, of the pike blenny that is....
Those guys are especially cooperative there and have given me a lot of great times.
Now where is the squat lobster colony, super hairy seahorse, Juvenile trumpetfish, Dragonettes, etc. etc. etc.
Most importantly the video, man the video!:D
John

Where??

Kevin-
Great picture, of the pike blenny that is....
Those guys are especially cooperative there and have given me a lot of great times.
Now where is the squat lobster colony, super hairy seahorse, Juvenile trumpetfish, Dragonettes, etc. etc. etc.
Most importantly the video, man the video!:D
John

Oddly, I feel incredibly guilty about having the opportunity to have photographed that guy. I would *never* have found him on my own. :depressed: Does it still count??

Haven't even *looked* at the shots from either camera :)D) from Saturday's dive. When I finally made it back over to the egg-mouthed jawfish near the end of my air, I found that his eggs had already been dispatched. Interestingly, though, thirty yards dead east, there was *another* one with mouth eggs - again with a second, smaller one within two feet of him. This egg-holder was much more timid, and my +6 diopters on the 60mm took a *long* time and patience to get even a couple of shots. No octopodes within another foot or so of these two, though. :D Also learnt today that the "banded" part comes from stripes on the roof of their mouths, apparently.

What a great week, largely thanks to your incredible assistance. I'm *really* jealous of what you guys live near down there. Just glad there are folks with yer talent taking advantage of it.

I'll eventually get around to all the cool critters that I had a chance to interact with and photograph. In the mean time, I *have*, within the last couple of weeks, uploaded a bunch of sets of dives from last year to my Flickr site, starting from 2011 June 9 BHB - a set on Flickr, from June 9, 2011, forward.

The eggs *had* added some new internal color (green?) and shapes on Friday prior to hatching. Steven Kovacs tells me he's witnessed the actual hatchings, before. . . grrrrr Wouldn't somebody down yonder like to adopt me? I come with free tennis lessons. . .

Kevin

IMG_4944wa.jpg

Absolutely counts.
I think we had the last day with that particular well along jawfish with eggs we saw Friday as I did not see him Sat.
I was focused on finding the lair of that still elusive Yellow Headed Jawfish though then got wrapped up in courting dragonettes... .
Adult attention deficit bridge style.
Look forward to seeing some more images here when you get around to it.
And video.....
John

Dove the bridge tonight....WOW! topside was crazy. Lots of alcohol flowing for sure. People jumping off the fishing pier, peeing on trees, blasting obscene music. Jet skier on plane 15 feet from a dive flag. One of the Ocean Rescue guys came up to us before our dive and told us to keep an eye on our gear, that people are casing the area, scoping gear....and that his car was stolen from there two weeks ago. Thankfully we had someone topside to keep an eye on things...no sherrif/park ranger/etc the whole time we were there.

Under the water was fantastic. Batfish party again, saw our first jawfish with eggs. Pike blenny, and several other usual critters. My dive buddies got some photos of batfish with their lures out! Also saved a mojarra with a hook/sinker that it was dragging around.

Thanks Kev. Really wanted to produce for your Birthday dive at the bridge.
Tragically now I'm another 165 minutes further into the black hole of terrific unedited video!
Highlights: the fighting squat lobster colony, posturing pike blennies and more tiny octos than I could count.

Jim: from that shot it looks like a striped burrfish, I'm still seeking the webbed......

Anne- thanks for the id on my Moon Snail, was great meeting you.

John

It does look alot like the striped burrfishbut I have shots from above that show the dark spots on top that the striped burrfish doesn't have.

Squat lobster overload

Absolutely counts.
I think we had the last day with that particular well along jawfish with eggs we saw Friday as I did not see him Sat.
I was focused on finding the lair of that still elusive Yellow Headed Jawfish though then got wrapped up in courting dragonettes... .
Adult attention deficit bridge style.
Look forward to seeing some more images here when you get around to it.
And video.....
John

Going through more of the shots from Friday. No doubt, at this point, that it was best dive *ever*. My routing is to go through the shots in Canon's "Digital Photo Professional" software that allows me to do a "click" to get reasonable "white balance" on any potential "keepers" prior to going to Photoshop in order to do "most" of the post-processing. It's looking like it could be *weeks* before I ever get to Photoshop. *Everything* seems to be a "keeper" from that dive. I'm just wallowing in pure joy going through this stuff, wishing someone who could appreciate were here with me as I do it.
04.gif
OK. Here's a few of a scalp (not scallop) massage.

As to the video, I just don't know. Will be interesting to see how video evolves on the web. Just seems to be an *awful* lot of *work*. I don't think I "like" work. :D

Kevin

IMG_4490wa.jpgIMG_4492wa.jpgIMG_4497wa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom