Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That ones not that bad. On Saturday I was diving with a new buddy and witnessed 3 individuals swim under the pylons and into the boat channel. I proceeded to look at the guy in their group who held the flag, shake my head, and look back just in time to see a boat passing within 10 feet of these guys in the channel. When we got out of the water my dive buddy was saying he saw sheriff apparel on them. If it wasn't for the fact that I was in my car pulling out of the parking lot, I'd probably have snapped some pictures of them and posted them on here.

Here is one from sunday before we got in the water. This guy was flying along and slowed down a little, but still going pretty quickly when this was taken:
IMG_20120318_170647_sm.jpg

The guy really should have gone with the tilt and trim option !

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

I think given his knowledge base a flats boat with a push pole would be a lot safer for all of us......:D

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

That ones not that bad. On Saturday I was diving with a new buddy and witnessed 3 individuals swim under the pylons and into the boat channel. I proceeded to look at the guy in their group who held the flag, shake my head, and look back just in time to see a boat passing within 10 feet of these guys in the channel. When we got out of the water my dive buddy was saying he saw sheriff apparel on them. If it wasn't for the fact that I was in my car pulling out of the parking lot, I'd probably have snapped some pictures of them and posted them on here.

Question; sheriff apparel on who?
the guys diving in the boat channel or the guys driving by them in the boat....
I have had the sheriff boat rev his motors directly over my flag to signal me to come up and say "Get out of here".
Working for the sheriff in Broward I asked "why, I'm not breaking any law" so he informed me there was a dead body by the fishing pier and I needed to
"repeat get out".
Saying "well I didn't kill him" and "can I keep diving if I drag him to shore for you" did not seem to help.
At least we were left alone out front for remainder of our dive.

I know guys on our marine unit that are divers and very cool also others who are not, every outfit has them.

Sunday, March 11

Finally made it through all the pics from last week's trip. Now starting to process some of them. Starting with the obiligatory seaweed blenny. Learning to turn the strobes off when trying to shoot something big in the distance in order to avoid the backscatter (*if* I don't have any diopters on the 60mm lens). But, it sure changes one's ability to process them decently. Tips on same welcomed. :D Tried the east side on that Sunday. It's awfully deep over there. . .:D

Kevin

IMG_2266wa.jpgIMG_2300wa.jpgIMG_2303wa.jpgIMG_2305wa.jpgIMG_2310wa.jpg

Sailfin??

Tried the east side on that Sunday.

Got the book out and it looks like I may have unknowingly done fount my first sailfin blenny! What say ye??

Kevin

IMG_2339wa.jpgIMG_2337wa.jpg

Great blennie either way!

Got the book out and it looks like I may have unknowingly done fount my first sailfin blenny! What say ye??

Kevin

View attachment 119212View attachment 119211
Probably not.:( they like to stay in holes. it's probably a saddled blenny in a weird color phase. Sailfins are very small, maybe 1.25".

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom