Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am putting a plan together to dive the west, west side of BHB from shore... Who wants in?

Where would you go in?

When are you planning this? It is something we have kicked around, and I know spearos sometimes go over there....

What's the plan for avoiding boats cutting under the bridge in that area?

When are you planning this? It is something we have kicked around, and I know spearos sometimes go over there....

What's the plan for avoiding boats cutting under the bridge in that area?
Perhaps before the weekend. The plan to avoid boats is called a dive flag, just as we use for all beach dives...

What is there now? Does the Blue Heron still dock there? Giant stride from the sea wall I guess?

It has been so long since I've been there. Not since they demolished the crab joint. I'm having trouble picturing what is there.

Perhaps before the weekend. The plan to avoid boats is called a dive flag, just as we use for all beach dives...

Intriguing. What tide? Sort of hesitant to waste a high tide at the known entity, but would get a kick out of meeting some other trolls. :cheers: I'm planning to start diving Friday morning this weekend. The PO-lice don't mind dive flags in that area?

Now that I ponder it a bit, what sort of parking *is* under there? Are they spots that might be empty (available) on a weekend - instead of fighting for a spot at Phil Foster??

Kevin

I am putting a plan together to dive the west, west side of BHB from shore... Who wants in?

You mean legally diving the West West side? As in not swimming through the channel in stealth mode? Sure let us know in advance.

There is not much over there, but the fish aren't used to people. One guy did see a guitarfish though. There is also a nice little patch reef.
Unless you are into photography, you might get bored after an hour.
I guess there are no showers... :(
The real important question is how do you get back up the wall ?? :confused:

Keep us informed.

Bill

Intriguing. What tide? Sort of hesitant to waste a high tide at the known entity, but would get a kick out of meeting some other trolls. :cheers: I'm planning to start diving Friday morning this weekend. The PO-lice don't mind dive flags in that area?

Now that I ponder it a bit, what sort of parking *is* under there? Are they spots that might be empty (available) on a weekend - instead of fighting for a spot at Phil Foster??

Kevin
High tide...? Dive flags are common in any area not designated as "channel". The channel is clearly marked and boats are required to follow standard protocol. If a diver is in the channel they are a liability. If a diver is outside the marked channel, it is the boater's responsibility to follow protocol of idle speed in the vicinity of a diver down flag.

They are likely spots that are empty on the weekend and more likely full at night on the weekend (fishing). There is currently visible trash in the area (as well as glass in the ground). Donning gear would entail standing on the ground past the sea wall and donning at the sea wall and walking a path down to the water that looks easy enough to enter without having to deal with obstructions.

Under the bridge, there are actual parking spaces lined for vehicles and parking for SUV's (no parking slots, but a curb to go over and park without issue).

But I don't do beach dives....because the boats running up the reef/beach don't seem to notice the flags if there is not a boat playing interference.

But I don't do beach dives....because the boats running up the reef/beach don't seem to notice the flags if there is not a boat playing interference.
Well, it's the same situation for LBTS, Venice, BHB and all the other places around Fl. where people make shore dives.

I have been 3" from having my face cut by a boat in 4' of water at BHB.... That is the closest I have been to a spinning prop, and I have no desire to be closer. I stood up and yelled at the boat... The lifeguard was whistling, I was yelling and the idiot still had no clue... I try to get to 8' as soon as possible now (most boats don't draft that deep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom