Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drove under the west side of the bridge for a look after this morning's dive. Getting *to* the water looks doable, but I'd have to have great expectations of something really cool to see in order to risk busting my ass (and camera gear) as I stumbled over the rocks *in* the water.

Kevin

I second that. That was my feeling when I took a look at the entry.

Bob

Hi, tomorrow me and my dad are going to be diving the bridge for the first time and were looking for a dive buddy that knows the area that we can just tag along with. Please get back to me either call or text 5615232778 or send me a message on here. Thanks!

To me, it looked like an easy entry in Bonaire, so I suppose it is perspective :)

Well, compared with how far one must carry a tank, it's much easier as compared to many Bonaire shore dive entries. I can think of one that I did there over on the other side of the airport that had some similarities, but even that one had some sandy spots for foot placement between the rocks/coral.

Of course, that site also had more in the way of surf, which actually supplied my buddies and me (direct object, therefore objective personal pronoun use) with some of my greatest entertainment ever. Whilst I *do* feel guilty about it, I did get a really big kick out of how long that young lady rolled back and forth like a turtle on its back before her male attendant finally was able to stabilize her long enough to get her back on her feet. :D

And then there are those nasty little crawly critters all over those WPB rocks. Silverfish come to mind. . .

Kevin

CoolTech,

I'm coming down to the area late this month and plan to dive the BHB (again). I was checking the tide chart on your site (jamminbeach.com) and comparing it to SaltWaterTides. For the date of 7/24/2011, SaltWaterTides shows a high tide at 3:52PM while JamminBeach shows it at 10:04PM. Of course, I may be reading one (or both) of these wrong.

What is the high tide for 7/24/2011? Oh, there is another high tide at 2:57AM or 3:04AM (depending on the site checked) but I think I'll sleep through that one. :D

NOTE: For SaltWaterTides I used Port of Palm Beach.

Last edited:
CoolTech,

I'm coming down to the area late this month and plan to dive the BHB (again). I was checking the tide chart on your site (jamminbeach.com) and comparing it to SaltWaterTides. For the date of 7/24/2011, SaltWaterTides shows a high tide at 3:52PM while JamminBeach shows it at 10:04PM. Of course, I may be reading one (or both) of these wrong.

What is the high tide for 7/24/2011? Oh, there is another high tide at 2:57AM or 3:04AM (depending on the site checked) but I think I'll sleep through that one. :D

NOTE: For SaltWaterTides I used Port of Palm Beach.
The actual tide is 4:03 PM. I just corrected the whole page. July's page was a test page for the software I was using and the wrong page was posted. It is correct now, thanks

There will never be a high tide, a low tide, a low tide and a high tide. If you ever see something like that anywhere, expect it to be a typo

:eek:k: Thanks! I'll be down for the week between 7/23 to 7/30 so it looks like I get to dive the BHB a couple of times.

Finally!!!! I saw my first frogfish today.( striated )
I dived the Bridge yesterday and today, Viz yesterday in some spots was 50'. ( the wreck on the edge of the channel ) Today viz was not as good.

FYI....Another west side report. My buddy today, Steve, has dived the west side several times. Less current, less life as you move west of the bulkhead. His theory..less current, less oxygenation of the water, less life.
BTW, he used a flag that could be pulled under the water as he...gulp.. crossed the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom