Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh well. Thanks for the report though.

Can anyone comment on current conditions at BHB? I'm thinking of going next Tues, Wed, or Thurs.

Today was 2-3 ft by several reports--a few days from now is a crap shoot--so to speak! What is outside the inlet comes in on the hi tide. Maria is generating 8-10 ft waves. If Maria continues slowly northward--in a few days--the viz at BHB might be ok.

Thanks. I'll check in a few days.

Yesterday(Saturday)was 8-10 ft and lots of particulates in the water column as well as a bottom covering of dead vegetation. According to my wife who was guiding. I may go this coming week and will post if I do....My sister lives on Key Largo and sez conditions are reported to be decent there.

2' today yay!
It amazes me why an instructor would drag students in the water only to call the dive do to poor viz. How about checking before you suit up along the edge, bridge etc to make that determination?
I got in regardless, but with that knowledge.

Thanks for being the Canary in the coal mine! Now I'm wondering if it will get cold before it clears up a little!

Canary checking in...
Went yesterday...10' vis to start. I get in 1 hour before HT. Turned pea green post HT.
I started the dive with my usual run to East bridge as it would be my first time there post Irma. The bottom terrain has changed quite a bit. I have logged over 42 hours here YTD and use both terrain and headings as guides. Pretty much used headings only. My tie-off structure just South of the East bridge is gone. I don't like to tow a flag under the bridge so early pre-tide, but went in anyway. Pretty dark in there with the tides being as high as they are. With unknown changes to the bottom, toting the flag and a weak light, I left and went to the trail. Vis at the trail was worse, so got out and walked over to the West side. Not so bad at 10'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom