Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info. How can you find out when the swim advisory is lifted? I can't find it on any websites.

I just started a thread with links for info about BHB and Palm Beach county beach conditions in general.

I checked it a few minutes ago, and it shows data for yesterday still. As of then they show BHB as closed.

Pura Vida had a night dive scheduled for tomorrow (Monday) night, but I've called them a few times today and yesterday and no one is answering.

I also called BHB Scuba and got a recording...

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. How can you find out when the swim advisory is lifted? I can't find it on any websites.

Palm Beach County Health Dept. or Floridas Healthy Beach Program. For those interested, I am told that the night dive is cancelled. check Pura Vida Facebook page.....

Park has reopened, but no swim advisory from the 7th still in effect

There is no swim advisory for BHB/Phil Foster Park. There IS one for Riviera Municipal Beach directly east on the ocean. The samples were taken on Sep 5th and and an advisory listed later. Normally, the retest would be 2 days after the original samples were taken.....and then there was Irma...I got this info from Fl DOH website. Florida healthy beaches program. Saw nothing on PBC Health Dept site where usually it would be under news releases.

Update---samples taken on 9-18 have Phil Foster/BHB "earning" a NO swim advisory, according to PBC Health Dept website--it normally would have been retested on the 20th, so we shall see. Good news is that Riviera Beach on the ocean does not have a no swim advisory.

The state Health Dept is still showing results from testing done on September 5th.

As of Friday the 22nd, about 8 a.m., most recent BHB testing was yesterday Thurs the 21st. BHB was registering 50 enterococci/100 mL water (fecal coliform bacteria from sewage), which puts it in the "satisfactory" category (range 36 to 70). Anything above 70 is considered poor quality and flags an advisory. The Lake Worth Inlet was at 5x the cutoff value, yipes.

Phil Foster(BHB) open now as well as 2 other beaches that had been closed to swimming according to PBC Health Dept.

Can anyone comment on current conditions at BHB? I'm thinking of going next Tues, Wed, or Thurs.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom