Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there next Friday. I'll take my 12-years old 3mm wetsuit (which looks like has been compressed down to 1mm by now). Thanks!

Should be warm, in the low 80s. Visibility on the other hand is going to depend on variables that can't always be easy to predict. Rule of thumb is to be ready to get in 30 minutes before high tide. I've experienced some strong current still 30 minutes before high tide, but nothing unmanageable. First time visitors.... you may be better off with a guide, or a buddy that knows the area. Not that it's difficult or anything like that, but you will see more things and experience a higher likelihood of critter sightings if you go with a guide or someone that knows the site well.
Cheers,
Ricardo

Should be warm, in the low 80s. Visibility on the other hand is going to depend on variables that can't always be easy to predict. Rule of thumb is to be ready to get in 30 minutes before high tide. I've experienced some strong current still 30 minutes before high tide, but nothing unmanageable. First time visitors.... you may be better off with a guide, or a buddy that knows the area. Not that it's difficult or anything like that, but you will see more things and experience a higher likelihood of critter sightings if you go with a guide or someone that knows the site well.
Cheers,
Ricardo
We have dived there many times, never so late though.

I thought I had heard once that viz began to decrease in the fall?

Most years--BHB temp will be 75 or higher well into Dec. Viz is always variable--depending on rainfall and whatever is happening outside the inlet. Avg viz 15 ft or so all year--much better than avg viz is 30 or better. Even when the viz goes down to 5 ft or less, you will see stuff and be much closer than any other time--the fish can't see either evidently! :)

However, I've aborted dives in the fall where the vis is in inches and got excited to see a sea star cause everything was hiding!

I have been monitoring the FB page with very little updates I saw a few photos with sail boats under the bridge, has there been any diving after Irma, and if so what are conditions like?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom