Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And entering...

Great weekend diving this week. Fall temps are running in the 70s. Sponsored night dive on the 11th (Force-E and Pura Vida), so there is an opportunity to dive this morning and tonight!

Weekend Tides:
12/11 Fri 08:00 AM H
12/11 Fri 08:06 PM H - Sponsored Night Dive!
12/12 Sat 08:41 AM H
12/13 Sun 09:23 AM H
12/14 Mon 10:05 AM H

Plan to enter the water 1 hour ahead of the slack tide and dive the snorkel area, which allows you time to get to the east and west side of the bridge 1/2 hour before high tide... dive during slack tide and enjoy a part of the outgoing tide before you exit the water

Take your time... stop... watch for movement... observe... go slow... Remember, this is your time to relax, work on skills or simply enjoy your dive.

Be warned though, vis has been shot all week, and as of right now, SFWMD is still dumping massive amounts of water from the canals (from all of that rain we got this week.)

Not to be a too pessimistic, but I have scrapped my plans to go to BHB this weekend unless I hear some legit reports of good vis from reliable sources and I see on SFWMD's website that they have stopped the discharges.

Force E just posted on Facebook "Unfortunately due to poor vis we have to cancel the BHB Night dive tonight" :(

Be warned though, vis has been shot all week, and as of right now, SFWMD is still dumping massive amounts of water from the canals (from all of that rain we got this week.)

Not to be a too pessimistic, but I have scrapped my plans to go to BHB this weekend unless I hear some legit reports of good vis from reliable sources and I see on SFWMD's website that they have stopped the discharges.
Got a link so others can keep tabs? Thanks

I'm taking my 10-year-old scuba diver with me to Key Largo for some diving on Christmas break. We are planning on diving at the BHB for a couple of days before continuing on to Key Largo.

Since I've only done fresh water quarry diving in Ohio and my son is with me I want to hire a good guide for the first couple of dives. In addition, I'd like to get him night-certified. He got his OW certification through SDI but I don't think it makes any difference on whether he sticks with SDI for just a night certification but please tell me if I'm wrong on that.

Can anyone give me some recommendations of a good guide/instructor/dive shop that could help us out and get my son night certified?

Many thanks!

Last edited:
I'm taking my 10-year-old scuba diver with me to Key Largo for some diving on Christmas break. We are planning on diving at the BHB for a couple of days before continuing on to Key Largo.

Since I've only done fresh water quarry diving in Ohio and my son is with me I want to hire a good guide for the first couple of dives. In addition, I'd like to get him night-certified. He got his OW certification through SDI but I don't think it makes any difference on whether he sticks with SDI for just a night certification but please tell me if I'm wrong on that.

Can anyone give me some recommendations of a good guide/instructor/dive shop that could help us out and get my son night certified?

Many thanks!

I don't think your son needs Night certification, go dive at night. I hear Scuba_Jenny is a great guide for BHB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom