Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm taking my 10-year-old scuba diver with me to Key Largo for some diving on Christmas break. We are planning on diving at the BHB for a couple of days before continuing on to Key Largo.

Since I've only done fresh water quarry diving in Ohio and my son is with me I want to hire a good guide for the first couple of dives. In addition, I'd like to get him night-certified. He got his OW certification through SDI but I don't think it makes any difference on whether he sticks with SDI for just a night certification but please tell me if I'm wrong on that.

Can anyone give me some recommendations of a good guide/instructor/dive shop that could help us out and get my son night certified?

Many thanks!

Contact scuba Jenny

....., SFWMD is still dumping massive amounts of water from the canals.....

DJTimmy is right.

That top line on the graph below is 1000 cubic feet per second. Go stand inside the middle of your average bedroom and hold your arms straight out, looking at the volume all around you. That's how much water is flowing through every single second.

{SFWMD obviously doesn't dive}

Attachments

• wpb_gate.jpg
    wpb_gate.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
:blush: thanks all.

I have a question you might find a little strange....I drive a 18" Box Truck and starting in January, I'll be making a weekly trip to Riviera Beach and have a 10 hour layover while there. Would I be able to park my truck at the park or would I have to find somewhere else to park while I dive there?

I have a question you might find a little strange....I drive a 18" Box Truck and starting in January, I'll be making a weekly trip to Riviera Beach and have a 10 hour layover while there. Would I be able to park my truck at the park or would I have to find somewhere else to park while I dive there?
'I drive a 18" Box Truck' Wow! You must be very short...

If you mean an 18' long truck, that is very different from 18"... You might want to get a $10 daily parking sticker to allow for trailer parking

Permit

A high tide during the day would need to fit into your time window. If your truck will fit into a normal parking space, I believe you are good to go! Tide tables are free at Force E, Pura Vida, and other dive shops in the area. January 1st, 2016 hi tide is 1:07pm, so you might get in the water around noon or 12:30pm. etc......tides then move forward each day 40 minutes to 1 hour. When is your first trip in January--I will give you tide info. Here's a place to find the tides for the Port of Palm Beach which is the location we all use to figure tides. www.saltwatertides.com

'I drive a 18" Box Truck' Wow! You must be very short...

If you mean an 18' long truck, that is very different from 18"... You might want to get a $10 daily parking sticker to allow for trailer parking

Permit

Oops, yes I mean 18' not 18"....although I am a short person!!

I got good info that the vis was up to 15' today! Hopefully it holds through the work week and maybe I can sneak one in soon!!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom