Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, vis is improving. Was at the bridge yesterday. Lots of classes doing multiple dives. :shakehead: We went west and had about 20' vis till the tide turn and then it dropped quickly. 78° with a little cooler pockets at the end. Didn't find any awesome critters, though found a lot of stuff.

Had a heck of a nice dive there yesterday. Lots of life and a group of about 8 eagle rays just north of the east bridge.

Went today--viz east 15 or so. As I got to the little wreck near the east beach, viz was about 20 and then didn't drop a whole lot when the tide changed. Temp 77-78. We saw t h e usual critters and enjoyed doing so...... may return later this week!

I'll be doing my first dive here late December; what are my odds of finding a Seahorse? Are they fairly common or is it typically hit or miss... Any tips for finding them?

I'll be doing my first dive here late December; what are my odds of finding a Seahorse? Are they fairly common or is it typically hit or miss... Any tips for finding them?
Even if you go with a guide your chances are hit or miss. But, to make your first dive at the bridge without a guide... Your chances are less than hit or miss and weigh heavily on the miss side

There has been talk in the past of people lurking here to gather intel on critters to then collect them. Thus, you won't find specific information on locations.
Given that, they are everywhere. Go slow. Then go slower. They generally are not very big, often around the 2" mark. I have found them out in front of the playground, on the snorkel trail, west side, east side, pilings, anchor chains...

There has been talk in the past of people lurking here to gather intel on critters to then collect them. Thus, you won't find specific information on locations.
Given that, they are everywhere. Go slow. Then go slower.

Oh man that's terrible... as for the slow, slow, slower. I'll try to take that advice; I've met many divemasters/guides that say they dive slow; but the only one that ever lived up to his words was on a Cenote dive in Mexico. This seems like the perfect dive profile and conditions to practice "slow, slower, more slow" type of diving.

At the bridge, slow becomes an art form:D.
Difficult for most people. The water is shallow and one must have fairly decent buoyancy skills to keep from mucking up the bottom with fin kicks or bouncing off the bottom because of weighting issues.

And now for today's BHB underwater weather--viz lousy at 3 to 6ft, although I could see some shadows at maybe 10ft, ie; rocks on the snorkel trail going east and the occasional diver.
The temp on my Suunto was 75 the whole dive. Still, I shot a few macro pics!

Yikes!
Thanks for the report.
Was thinking of trying for Wed night.....:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:
John

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom