Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, in case you didn't notice... After I spoke with Pete at the gathering, he authorized this change to my name...

That's right, I went full troll on you :nuke:

[video=youtube;X6WHBO_Qc-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WHBO_Qc-Q[/video]

need to get up there. Ocean diving has been non existent for a few weeks now. sigh..

I should have added this neat map from
Blue Heron Bridge Scuba

Map

---------- Post added December 6th, 2015 at 12:15 AM ----------

To let everyone know... Pete Authorized a name change to my account... CoolTech is now BHB ScubaTroll!

that is a nice map but it shows the diving area overlapping in areas where boats are going to be operating, particularly in the northeastern portion where the boat docks are located. The map should probably be revised, I'm quite sure if the Marine Patrol saw you jump off the docks with a dive flag, they would be unhappy with the situation.

Ha! I was diving over by the docks a couple months ago and kept hearing noise, then these divers would appear from nowhere. Crap! It was a class practicing their giant stride entry! And they were jumping in on top of us!!!

Question:
I have read that you want to dive the bridge at high tide what is the time frame around that ( say start an hour before until a certain time after)?

Yes, generally an hour before and after is a good rule of thumb. However, depending on the time of the tide, say, Saturday afternoon expect a crowded parking lot, so make preperations to arrive a bit earlier.

Yes, generally an hour before and after is a good rule of thumb. However, depending on the time of the tide, say, Saturday afternoon expect a crowded parking lot, so make preperations to arrive a bit earlier.

Thanks for the info. I was looking at Friday afternoon Jan 1. I am doing AOW in Pompano and would be finished there about 1 pm which is when the tide table says high tide is there so my guess is it would be about 2:30- 3 pm when I would be able to get in the water there would that be to late?

1:03 PM high tide on New Years Day. No telling if it will be busy. I would guess yes because most everybody has it off, and there will be the non divers there too. Most divers will be getting out of the water by 2 PM or so. It is still doable, but not under the bridges. If you don't mind a low vis dive, check out the snorkel trail, the currents shouldn't be too strong there.

that is a nice map but it shows the diving area overlapping in areas where boats are going to be operating, particularly in the northeastern portion where the boat docks are located. The map should probably be revised, I'm quite sure if the Marine Patrol saw you jump off the docks with a dive flag, they would be unhappy with the situation.

Since the new construction, most of the area in question no longer has moorings on the south side of the first dock. There are a number of shops exiting their students over there now.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom