Blue Heron Bridge 1/17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man... I sure missed out on a lot of critters... need to pay more attention next time.

Or just keep diving with people that take good pics... LOL

Carmen for the boat-lock and the good looks (on the way back we agreed you were the best looking one of all 3 lol)

Sexist pig...

:rofl3:

WOW y'all had such a fantastic dive today!!!

MANATEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim, I've never seen a bristleworm orgy before..what an odd sight.

hmmmmmmmmmm, let me think about that................:doh2: OK! I'M THERE!!!!!!!! So it's four of us diving? Or only 3 diving and 4 eating? *love your signature:D

Thanks sweetie. See you tomorrow and hope we see the same or another manatee... I knew they were big, but having him at my side sure puts a different perspective on things.

High tide is 1:48 PM. I'll be entering the water to dive the east span right around 1:00 PM... camera in hand. Quarter Deck on North Lake is fine with me (Tim, as in Netmage? I haven't seen him since ITK '08)

Jim, I didn't know you had responded till just now. Next time I'll be sure to check the thread before the dive. :depressed:

Thanks to Carmen, William, and Tim for the good time! You guys were great! Great pics too!

As this being our (Justin's and mine's) #7 dive, it rocked! Sorry we got to see that manatee in such a short time diving... we'll make sure it doesn't happen again. :)

We'll definitely be making our way up there again, and like this time, I'll make a thread so anyone else can join! Hopefully we can get more dives in now that our retail-work schedule dies down a bit.

Thank you William for the advice, Carmen for the boat-lock and the good looks (on the way back we agreed you were the best looking one of all 3 lol), and Tim for the tech info!

Looking forward to diving with you guys again!

Bryan

Bryan, it was a pleasure. Thank you so much for voting me the best looking :blush::blush::blush:. I know it was close... I mean, William's long eyelashes and Tim's sweet smile probably made that discussion interesting, but good to know I came through!!!! :crafty:

Tim, William - great pics :D

Some quick pics before work...

PICT002014.jpg

On a mooring line near the green sailboat

PICT002914.jpg

Between the sailboat and the small outboard (wreck) on the south side

PICT00487.jpg

PICT005012.jpg

He cost me 250 psi to catch up to him :wink:

PICT00627.jpg

Check out the urchin to get a size reference :cool2:

PICT00708.jpg

I've seen him on every dive for a month... Safe to say he has his new home :D

PICT00846.jpg

Messing around with some camera settings

PICT00954.jpg

He was one long sucker!

Jim, I didn't know you had responded till just now. Next time I'll be sure to check the thread before the dive. :depressed:

From the pics above, it appears we were diving the east span together, too... :wink:

He wasn't at ITK '08 :shakehead:
A generalization that sounded better than "Around May, June or July 2008" :wink:

Nice pics Jim.

Some quick pics before work...

PICT002014.jpg

On a mooring line near the green sailboat

PICT002914.jpg

Between the sailboat and the small outboard (wreck) on the south side

PICT00487.jpg

PICT005012.jpg

He cost me 250 psi to catch up to him :wink:

PICT00627.jpg

Check out the urchin to get a size reference :cool2:

PICT00708.jpg

I've seen him on every dive for a month... Safe to say he has his new home :D

PICT00846.jpg

Messing around with some camera settings

PICT00954.jpg

He was one long sucker!

From the pics above, it appears we were diving the east span together, too... :wink:

A generalization that sounded better than "Around May, June or July 2008" :wink:

Jim,
Since your a regular at BHB....

When we were doing our site overview (hey, it was my first time...), we saw a fisherman over on the bridge pulling over to shore an octopus caught in his line... we didn't see if he took it home for dinner, or if it was still alive and released..., it definitely seemed to be wrapped around his hook..., given their curiosity for stainless steel, I wouldn't be surprised one 'taking the bait...'

So, next time your over on the west span, keep an eye out for any regular octo's...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom